Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught this at the small pond I fish today. I was cricket fishing, and mainly catching sub-6"ers, but I knew there were some bigger ones in there because of this fish I had caught a while back:

I was fishing with my new Zebco Slab Seeker spinning combo that I was given for Christmas by my uncle. It may be cheap and small, but it is strong! This is the fish I caught on that 3'6" rod and 4lb line:

(Bad cellphone pics)

Reduced: 80% of original size [ 800 x 640 ] - Click to view full image

I was pumped after catching this big momma!

For a size comparison:

RD

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hey thank you for sharing the pictures and letting us know about your experience, thats one nice looking blue gill there, I have caught them like that before and they are really fun to catch, keep up the good work and wish ya luck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Those are some good pics and some nice size bream! Thanks for sharing the pics. We ( my son,a friend of his and myself) went this past Saturday fishing for cats.Started out fishing for bream to use for bait at around 6:30 am.By 10:00 we had about used up 100 crickets :crazy:. And we caught some very nice fish.My son caught one of the biggest red bellies I have seen in a long time and he also caught a largemouth bass that weighed around 3lbs.And that was fun to watch him play that fish on ultra lite tackle:big_smile:. Ended up only catching one small flattie but had a great time reguardless.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures bro, very nice gill... would make a heck of a flatty bait!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.