New owner of Antique popup camper

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by TDawgNOk, Apr 13, 2007.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Looks like I am the new owner of an old, antique popup kamper camper. I call it an antique because I believe it to be from the 1960's.

Looks like the rail system used to support the top needs to be replaced. Didn't have time to even open the door or pop the top to look in. But, at the price, it aint bad. *(Trailer was given to us)*

Here are some pics. If anyone recognizes this type of camper, please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    And here are some more pics.

Attached Files:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It'll go well with your antique boat and motor if ya still have that. LOL!

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Overall it looks to be in pretty good shape.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony with just a little tender love and care and you will be ready to pull to some BOC gatherings. Congrats on the gift.:cool2: :lol:

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Sure hope its ready in 20 days. Wanna take it to the Ark gathering

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LOL, I guess that means you are at least ancient Big George. Tony said anything from the 60's is antique. lol

Congrats on the new camping gear Tony.

8. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I had a camper back in the 80s that I got so cheap it was almost free.You had to unfold the top to both sides and setup the tent frame and then put the cover over that.It had to foam a matress for each side and was lots of room for me and the kids.There was a backwater beach on the 68,000A lake here that made a great place to camp and fish but there were no roads into there and I enyoyed using that camper cause it was so light I could pull it with my jeep through the woods and mud to camp in places that most folks couldn't get to.Just do what I did and fix up that old camper and use it.

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Congratulations Tony! Maybe we can see it at the ark Gathering.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :cool2: Congrads Tony on tour new toy.Looks like the body is in pretty good shape. Shouldn't take too much to fix those rails. Have fun working on your newest project. You'll enjoy it once you get it the way U want it to be.
    Used to have a pop up and sometimes I wish I still did just for fishing trips and easy to pull.

11. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Aint nothing wrong with that , as long as the water keeps off ya and the sleeping gets done thats all that matters

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tony, when you open that sucker up, if there are no canvas sides left on it, you can always sell Hot Dogs! lol:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Well we opened it up today.

Canvas has holes all throught it. Wood is rotted. Doesn't look like it is worht saving. :cry: :angry_2: :burn_joss_stick: :beat_shot: :beat_plaster: :beat_brick: :pudency: :doubt: :too_sad:

14. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Tony

When I was working with the boy scout troop at our church we had a pop up that looks just like yours given to the troop. The canvas was just about gone and in the whole thing was pretty worn out. The axle wa so light that it was bent bad. I made a new axle for it and we used it for hauling all the camping equipment for the boys. It was great to have for that use. We had storage boxes and tables that would slide into the camper and all the small compartments that were already built into the trailer were great for small camping tools.

So if nothing else use it for hauling all your camping equipment. It will at least keep everything dry and you can keep it packed and ready for any trip.

Jesse

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Looks good from the outside, Show us some pictures of the work that needs to be done on the inside.