NEW ORLEANS ACE

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by flathead willie, Aug 20, 2009.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've had this little pistol laying around for years. I don't even remember where I got it, (but then there are a lot of things I don't remember to hear my wife tell it!) Anyway, I looked it up and found out that it is a replica of a New Orleans Ace, smooth bore, single shot, .44cal, percussion pocket pistol. I want to go out and shoot the thing one day but I don't have any .433 round balls for it so I looked them up.....$12 for 50! WOW For $19.99 I can get the mold to make my own. I have over 600# of lead in the shed. I figured I might as well get the mold. I have several other molds for bullets and sinkers. Maybe I need to get off my butt and pour some lead!! :wink:

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    (LOL) well whats the hold up???(LOL)

3. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Workin' n playin'. Ain't even had time to go fishing this year. LOL:angry:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Willie i could not even think what a 44 cal pistol that small is going to make your hand feel like after the first shot:eek:oooh: :smile2:

5. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    They're not bad with black powder. I have a .50 cal I love to shoot. They recommend 20-25 grains of powder but I've shot it with 70 grs and a Maxie ball for deer hunting.:big_smile:

6. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ive had several of those little .45 Derringers. 10-15g of fffg and they arent bad to shoot at all. Innaccurate as can be, its a wonder Booth hit ole Abe at all! If I remember right they shoot left after about 3'. The kits are fun to build too.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009