New Oklahoma member

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by goodyear, May 6, 2007.

1. goodyear

goodyear New Member

State:
    Lawton oklahoma
    Anyone ever fish the southwestern lakes? I live in Lawton and fish ellesworth quite a bit. looking to meet some new people.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Welcome to the B.O.C., Jason. There are indeed a few individuals who frequent the forum from your neck of the woods. I don't know if you have been visiting for long, but there is a large gathering of cat men (and women) to be held next month at Keystone... June 1, 2, and 3 I believe. Be great if you could make the trip and meet people first hand. You'll find the threads on the board about Keystone, just jump right in and start reading. LOL. Again, welcome.

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jason.

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Welcome to the BOC. You will find a lot of Okies here and Texans that fish in your part of the state.
    Bill

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    nice to have ya here big man. ya'll do much good in that part of the world for yellas?

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jason! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you :smile2:!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a23: :0a25: :0a25: Jason Welcome to the BOC. I look forward to reading your post. Check out the BOC library. Lots of info to be read. :lol: :big_smile:

8. goodyear

goodyear New Member

State:
    Lawton oklahoma
    I sure do like this site. I used to think I was the only one around here that loved catfishing as much as I do its like a adiction probably similiar to CRACK. lol Im takeing the boat out to lake ellsworth tomorow and spend the day maybe the night :roll_eyes: This year I changed my hole catfishing methed from now on im targeting only trophy cat I know its gona be slow but im a patient man. Lake ellsworth has a lot of trophy cat in its mirky waters. Im gona give up noodling and i dont plan on running my trotlines eather I want to land a 50 + pounder on rod and reel. Then I can die a happy man. About 3 mounths ago I went up to Oklahoma City to the bass pro shop and got me two Penn 330 gti's and two power plus trophy class 7' 60 to 80 pound class rods. I spooled the reels with 300 yds of 40 pound power pro braided line. and ordered some. Now dont laugh. 16/0 mustad circles. I love the mustad circles I have had great luck with them all i do is put the eye of the hook in my vice and bend the eye out a little, works great. Well I better stop there. the Beer and pain killers are starting to kick in. Before you know it I will be talking about me and the old ladies sex life. Trust me thats not a good thing.:lol:

9. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Those are some big hooks. I mess around Lawton from time to time. Let us know how the fishing goes.

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Jason, yer gunna luv it here!!

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC jason ,your gonna love it.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome to the brotherhood:tounge_out:.

14. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jason,
    Welcome to the BOC from the NE corner of Ok. Happy fishin! :006:

15. goodyear

goodyear New Member

State:
    Lawton oklahoma
    Here are some pics of what I got to work with. i know its not much lol, Im not much of a rod & reel fisherman. but maybe with all of your help I can learn. I have allways been a noodler and trot line man myself. I am preety good with my zebco 33 going after perch. :lol:

16. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC Jason.

17. Acats Lucky Charm

Acats Lucky Charm New Member

State:
    KY
    Welcome, I am new to the site and Love it. Hope you enjoy

18. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Welcome Jason,I agree Ellesworth is a good catfishin lake
    I fished it many times with my sis in law before she passed. I'm going to try to get back down there soon.
    Enjoy the BOC, its a great family.

19. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Welcome aboard Jason

20. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Welcome to the BOC!

I worked in Lawton a few years ago and enjoyed fishing in the small lakes/ponds in the WMA.

If you have a chance to visit Eastern Oklahoma, let me know you're coming and we'll wet a line in Kerr Lake!.