New Ohio state record Blue released

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by kenlaw76, Nov 25, 2008.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
  2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Now thats what I am talking about!:big_smile:....Good on him for releasing that fish, the last guy that caught the 57lber had it weighed at a post office the next day, awesome that fish was released..:wink:

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good i am glad blues are getting that big for us in ohio saves trip to james river or the cumberland or Tennesse river honestly helps the fishery in ohio as well closer to home rick the ohio river

4. hoptownhick

hoptownhick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great story on the fish, I had not read about that yet. It seems again another complaint about the long and drug out process to have your catch 'officially' in the books. You would think ODNR would revamp the process, it's only going to benefit them as well when judging fish populations if you have something easy put in place. Anyways, great post, that's a big blue. At least we have knowledge of the size so now we all have something to shoot for...

h

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That is a good one for sure....And the new length limit will improve the fishery tremendously!!!:big_smile:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    What a fantastic story! That was truely an act of sportsmanship!
    Thanks for sharing the story with us.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    welcome to the boc

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    WOW..Thanks for sharing..I know where im headed soon..cya on the water:wink:

9. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    thats crazy .... the spot where he caught it at ive fished at many times.........great spot! i think ive seen that guy there too :eek:oooh::eek:oooh: weird:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I actually got a phone call yesterday from a buddy about this, and thought about posting the question for the southern guys... But, thought I would wait for it to come out... I heard it had a 46 inch girth and was 66 pounds... Either way, it just shows what kind of fishery we have growing on the Ohio River.. I think the record will be broke again here soon, and could be by some of our own BOC members from down that way! GOODLUCK to you all:wink::big_smile: rollo

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    What would you guys do if you caught it?

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i would release it after i got pics

13. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i dont know ken...would like to catch it and find out lol:wink:

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know what I would do for a state flathead that im chasing! Call the ODNR.. Come qualify it on the water, or see ya!!! LOL.. and don't espect to to get any revenues in the future if ya don't show!! Sounds funny, but I would probably do that....... rollo

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    "Hello DNR, this is Travis, I have the new state record, can u come certify it and release the fish? No?, have a nice day, CLICK!" :smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    dats right baby, I would never ever kill a fish that old and big just for my name to be in a book. can you by chance remember the guys name right off the top of your head who holds the record. I can't. That just goes to show, yeah it would be cool bud you wont be famous for it.

Anyways, just incase anyone know this fella that caught this monster and has a chance to get this back to him tell him that we all appreciate what he did here on the boc. That is coming from all of us that are cpr fans on here. Not to mention I fish in that area. Gives me just that much more umph to go. Thanks bud.

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm with you guys, I would attempt to get the DNR involved, and try to locate a certified scale. But if I couldn't release the fish alive after jumping thru all the hoops, I'd just take some photos, use my 120lb scale on it and let it go.

Then I'd post my pics on here and submit it for BOC Hall of Fame recognition. That would be good enough for me. If actual catfishermen accepted it, I could care less if the state record holders of crappie,punkinseed,and rainbow darter have an "official" (dead) record.

18. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Them Records dont mean anything to me as long as i got some good pics and at least someone to witness it.:wink: Nice cat you got there Ken!

19. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Excellent fish and a great story. Congrats to him.

20. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    A good live well would tell a better story:wink: