new nuttroll

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Jul 12, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i went to fish the river bend tourney, i meet up with Patrick and Willie at cb. we went out and skunkola but was a great night to be out. everyone left and i went to find a motel. i just got to Alton when flashing lights behind me, i ask what was wrong and the officer told me i had smoke rolling out of my boat. after looking i see that the axle has broke loose from the frame after hitting a pot hole when i was just getting to stl earlier that day. it bent my fender up and the tire was rubbing it, plus it busted the bearings on that wheel. had to have it towed to a repair shop that the tow driver knew. he said the shop was open on Saturdays. this was at 4AM. so i stayed at the shop and waited for it to open. i had to be at the check in by 2:eek:o that after noon at 1:30 they put the wheel back on. i just made it. no sleep at all. so off we went. didn't fish an hour when i broke my anchor, now were really screwed. drift fishing did put one fish in the boat. so lets see, 200 in gas for truck & boat one fifty for tow truck,225 to get trailer fixed 80 for the entry fee. but hey it worked out , i didn't have to get a motel room look at all the money i saved there.....lol.and the only thing i had left to do after no sleep for two days was the 150 mile drive home, what else very very foggy. cant wait till the next one,:crazy::angry::smile2:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Russ I am sorry to hear about your night. I hope this doesnt discourage you to come back to Alton again.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Sorry Russ, can't let you slip by on this one. It may have been a lot of things, but I just don't see the Nutroll. Your going to have to try harder.:wink:

4. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Sorry 2 hear the bad news russ. I hope you enjoyed the mini trip up here in i hope you make it back home safe.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i had a leaf spring break last year on my trailer and i was lucky enough to be able to stack some 2x4s between the axle and the frame and wrap a bunch of rachet straps aroungd the whole mess to get me home!!! sure glad i didnt have that tow bill!! :eek:oooh:

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Glad to see you made it back Russ. I was worried about you driving all of the way back home. I know I was nodding off on my 1 hr drive home.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang Russ hate to hear that. Dayummm that was an expensive jaunt. Glad you made it home safe. Maybe next time well come to you lol

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I guess you didnt remember my post about the axles on the haul rite trailers. I have 4 of them I m keeping for proof. I could have given you a spindle. I know, now you tell me.

9. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I was real worried about him too. He drove all the way home, hundreds of miles and had not slept in a couple of days. I tried to talk him into renting a room but he's kinda stuborn. It all worked out. I had a blast being with Russ, the man knows his fishing and has a wonderful boat. His boat gave me a lot of ideals for mine. Russ is a hell of a nice guy and I feel I made a real friend. This is the reason I joined gateway cats.

10. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck Russ. :sad2: Been there many of times myself! In fact; about 2wks ago, my fishing partner and I had the cowling blow right off our Yamie Vmax motor right after the shotgun start in a local LOZ Wed night bass tournament just a couple of weeks ago. :crazy:

11. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Wow, I don't reckon it cudda gotten any worse...sorry fer such a miserable evening and night.....:cool2:

12. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Russ glad you made it home safe. I seen what damage it did.
    Work was done just in time too.:wink:

13. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sorry to hear about ur troubles russ but glad u made it home safe

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    They don't come any better than Russ that's for sure Patrick. You got to spend the day with one of the best.

15. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Yes i did, but speaking of nutrolls russ did not tell you how we were drifting just a little outside of the channel and a tow boat went out of his way to come real close and give us a big wake. The assho*e got on the loud speaker and said if we got ran over it was our fault not his as he had the right of way. Ask Scott he saw it. I wanted to report him but did not know the name of the boat it happened so fast. I realize they have the right of way but we were not anchored and he did not give us a chance to move. He headed right for us at full speed and moved at the last second. I guess some catfisherman ran off with his wife as he sure did not like us being out there.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    There's some in every bunch that's for sure Patrick. Nice to know the vast majority of the tug drivers are true professionals and are courteous. It's up to us respect the rules of the road and give right of way. Sounds like someone sheet on his cornflakes.

17. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i forgot about that, he came all the way across the river near the channel edge and headed down river. he didn't have any barges tied on, after he ask if i knew where i was ( which was clear of everything) he run right up on me and gave it all he had. didn't bother me but really showed what a ass he was, you would think a capt. of a large boat would have more sense than that, a small boat with low sides that would have shook them up or put water over the sides. i wouldnt be there if a tow with barges was around. from the chatter on the radio they wasnt happy about the tourney and e1 useing the lock, he is off the x-mass card list now, but i did put him on a new list......lol