New North Carolina State Record Channel Cat

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by crankbait77, Aug 25, 2007.

1. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am new to the BOC, and if it was not for JAYNC I would not have caught the fish. I have been waiting on the state to update the web page and as of this morning it is there. You all can check ncwildlife.org for the press release. I was on his boat, just like many other trips, and to beat all else the fish was caught on one of his rods. We had gone back and forth over which boat we would take that night, and with the thought of record low water in the Neuse we decided the Metal Triton hull would fare much better for that night than my Fiberglass Nitro. 18 pounds 5.44 ounces was the official numbers. At the time of catch the fish was approximately 20 lbs, but by the time I could get it certified it was dead and dehydrating fast. Ask the managment at Wal-Mart in New Bern some time why weighing a record catch in their seafood department is not allowed? The fish measured 32.5 inches in length, with 21 inches of girth. The fish was caught on the Neuse River in the early morning of the 15th around 2 am, and was weighed in at Custom Marine Fabrication in New Bern at 7:45. I attached an early photo of the fish prior to it dying, it sure was a nice looking channel.

Attached Images:
    [​IMG]post1.jpg (30.6 KB, 80 views)[​IMG]ncsrcc.jpg (29.7 KB, 76 views)

2. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry about the pictures, if the liks do not work they photos can be veiwed in the posting by JAYNC in NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK on the second page.:confused2:

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Congratulations on that catch Wesley! That is one nice fish for sure.

And welcome to the BOC!

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wes,

Congrats ole buddy, fish of a lifetime!

If you could, send Bryan some premium photos and the play by play so we can put your story in the BOC Library.

Thanks,
    Paul

5. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    Congrats on tje catch & the record. :wink: