New North Carolina Forum Member

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by krowbar, Feb 16, 2008.

1. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hi, I'm new to the North Carolina Forum and fairly new to the BOC. I was wondering what the best lakes and rivers for catching catfish in the state of North Carolina are? Anybody have some ideas please post. Thanks.

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    would be easier to ask where not to fish

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Welcome from NE Florida

4. moosecat

moosecat New Member

State:
    nc
    welcome Jason to the BOC NC

5. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome Jason! There are a lot of fishin' holes around. What part of the state are you in?

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I was waitin' on you guys to say where.....although I thought the same thing. Better question, who will catch the big one at the NC gathering, no matter where it is? And who will show up? Don't mean to be a worry wart, but we've planned these before and folks who said they'd be there were not. We have a lot of NC participation on the BOC, let's make it the same way for our gathering please. That would be :cool2:.

7. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    ok catgirl, where is it at? I want to come but waiting for details

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...what the best lakes and rivers for catching catfish in the state of North Carolina..."

Welcome ABOARD!!

The Yadkin River chain of lakes produces some nice fish, with Badin currently the home of the state record blue. Tillery produces some nice flatheads in the summer months in the 30-50 pound range.

While I do not fish down east, I know the Cape Fear River is home to some big fish. The current state record flathead is from down that way.

None of the lakes give up their trophies easily. If you land a huge stringer the first trip chances are you will get busted for zero on the next one.

Again, welcome!!

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    There's good cattin' country all over the state. From one end to the other and top to bottom. Almost any body of water is going to have catfish of some kind in it.

10. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like some good catfishing in North Carolina. I'll definitely have to plan a trip. Thanks for all the posts and good luck fishing.

11. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Welcome aboard Krow. PM me or Dirtydawg when you're coming up. We'll get together at Jordan or Buggs.
    Bigwhiskers.

12. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    If you want big blues, go to Badin or Tillery with Tillery giving up more numbers of blues overall. Badin has giants though. Badin, Tillery and High Rock have nice flatheads during warmer months. Norman has big fish, but can be intimidating. I stay on Badin and Tillery. I fish High Rock for crappie though, it's loaded with 'em.