New night crawlers

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by laidbck111, Jul 3, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I haven't fished this yet but the bait is made. I took two boxes of night crawlers and one box of chicken livers and a 60 cc syringe with large needle. First I pureed all of thee livers then loaded the syringe and injected this into the night crawlers yes it kills the worms. then took all the worms and placed them back into the liver box with left over livers. I will post the results if any wednesday.

2. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Say Benji that sounds great I would proabably refridgirate them though
    I would like to share a liver trick that I have not poste before Take fresh liver and grind it fine and use the sausage tip on the grinder and put it in the smallest casing you can find . kep cold little liver links not to messy ,stay on the hook .

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My sausage maker is what gave me the idea and I couldn't find any casing small enough so out came the night crawlers. I have them in the fridge right now and will keep them in a cooler when I go.

4. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Those are some good ideas, I'll have to try em. thanks guys

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Goooolly, liver worms I thought i had heard of evrything . just goes o show i haven't yet.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sounds great if it works.I have never been able to keep dead earth worms as they quickly turn to mush.peewee-williams

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thats what i am afaid of peewee but I couldn't find any small caseing to put it in. I did locate a synthetic casing I am thinking about ordering, are using the stanard casing I have and adding gound shad are bream to the mix.

8. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I have seen some smal sentetic casings about slim Jim size the probably are a little tough you can go to a meat market and get some like for breakfast links sems about the right size.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

9. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would have never thunk it, post back on the results!!

10. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    WOW thats intresting cant wait to hear

11. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I used to make deer sausage/salami every year. I got my caseing's from Gander Mountain. Have you tried there? If that's no good ask your local stores meat department.
    Don

12. rompn84yota

rompn84yota New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like a good idea...let us know what u find out about it

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Well I tried the stuffer night crawlers and caught a ton of fish just not many catfish. I caught crappie, large bream, sand trout(a trash fish) and a couple of catfish. I fished for four hours this morning and my main catch was crappie I can't figure that one out. I will be making a night trip with the stuffed crawlers and with ground shad, minnows and livers in synthetic casing at a later date.

14. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I've thought about using my worm blower to inject worms with attractant, but never thought about pumping them full of chicken liver juice... Sounds like a pretty good idea, but I think I'll wait til I'm at the bank with live worms to do it so they aren't starting to deteriorate by the time I get em in the water. Thanks for the idea! :big_smile:

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Just a follow up. As stated before I used and caught fish on the stuffed night crawlers. Being rained out last night I pulled out my grinder some chicken livers about a dozen shad and a box of night crawlers. I also had picked up some sythetic caseings, Well I ground every thing up in the manual grinder and stuffed the casings to about 3 inches long. these are now in the fridge soaking in some menhaden oil I had. I will do a follow up after I use this monday night.

16. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Dont be given all your secrets away you might be on to somethin with that stuff.:smile2:

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    With all those attractants you wont know which one worked. LMAO Dont matter as long as one works though. Good luck with em.

18. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I'll say one thing for ya. You get an A+ for creativity:lol: .

It sure does seem like a lot of trouble to go through when you could use plain nightcrawlers or livers. :confused2:

19. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I am just experimenting with new things in new water. If one ingredient doesn't work maybe one of the others will, I hope.