New Neuse rat here

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by creekman, May 6, 2009.

1. creekman

creekman New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey guys, just joined the forum. Me and my dad have been fishing the Neuse for years, mostly bream. Now we have a nicer bass boat and we are bass fishin alot, but we have noticed the size of some of the cats we see guys haulin out of there. Well you know what now, we have big cat fever. Next time out we plan on trying cats with live bluegill. (I have done before in the neuse and caught one 6 lber and one 12 lber) Anyway, anyone here fish around Maple Cypress??

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Rob.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Rob! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :cool2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Rob, welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Rob welcome to the BOC from Wilm. N.C ; i have not had the chance to fish your area yet ,hope to one day ,it might take a little time but u will get some info on the area

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Rob! I hope to see you posting soon about some big cats you're over there catching!:wink:

7. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    welcome to the best catfishin site on the web. i mainly fish from spring garden to maple cyp. the only thing i can tell you is when you come to a log jam fish it. theres some monsters in the neuse. just a matter of how much time you want to spend.

i will tell you this. you really and i cant stress it enough, you really need to ride around there from turkey qtr. way past maple cyp. during the day and check things out. especially when the water is low so you can see where the logs and pilings are. beleave me they are there and they will hurt you if you aint careful. if the current is strong your gonna need about 6oz. weights to keep it on bottom. hope this helps and again welcome to the boc.

8. creekman

creekman New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks, I am putting together a cat pole this week and plan on gettin after em the Sat. the 23rd. Rob