new mounts

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Dec 15, 2007.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well im getting the whitetail down now. these are the 8-9th mounts im doing for coustomers. i have gotton much better from 1&2. the big one is a 12 piont 5-7 i hit last jan with my truck. i called it in and mounted it myself. it was #6 i mounted. ive much improved just since then.

these are in the drying process now and have yet to be finished up. the 12 is done.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Lookin good. Thanx for the pics.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Nice work, Jeremy!!!

Taxidermy has always fascinated me. I've wondered about doing it myself, but it seems to me that a fella would need to be the artistic type to do it really well. Heck, I don't know that may just be a weird idea stuck in my head. Anyway, that's some good looking work. You gonna start up a business? Need another one to practice on?

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Looks like your are coming along pretty quick at it. They look like good jobs to me.

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I can say one thing you done a good job on those mounts.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks like ya bout got it down -pact nice work Jeremy.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice thank you fer sharing!

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Those look great; brings back memories. Buddy used to do taxidermy. Seeing those pins around the 6pts mouth reminded me of all that. You're right; you are getting better with each one. Thanks for those pictures.

9. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Nice mounts thanks for sharing

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I like them but #9's wiskers seem odd to me. Keep up the good work.

11. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    nice looking mounts. i was thinking about trying to mount one if it was nice but not nice enough to spend $375 to get it mounted.where do you get your forms and everything from?

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

well if your serious, i believe what your seeing is pins. those straight pins are in there for the drying hide. they keep the mouth nose from moving around while the hide shrinks and dryes. and around the eyes. also pin nails around the antler burrs keep the hide from pulling away.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    vandykes taxidermy supply and mckenzie. they both offer kits with instructional videos.

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Ohh those were pins....my bad. Im not familiar with how to do taxidermy and didnt realize those were pins holding the hide in place.

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    looks like you are getting pretty good brother! thanks for sharing the pictures.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya its easy in the pic to mistake them for alien tenticles, just thought ide let ya know. thats for drying and those are left in for a couple weeks before they are removed and the nose eyes are finished with epoxie and airbrushed.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    #9 done and ready.

18. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Nice work, it takes a person with talent, skill and patience for that, something I wanted to learn, probably never will tho. But I did trap a nice size mink once and a good size coon, I wished I coulda tanned and kept the hides. I needed money tho. Congratulations on the job, whether ya do it as a hobby, favor to friends or business.

19. Bjorn

Bjorn New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have thought about trying to mount my own deer, but I don't know if I would have the patience or the skill to do all the work around the eyes and the sewing.