New Monster Rod Holder Rack

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by coolbreeze70, Sep 22, 2009.

1. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    While I was home from Iraq on R&R I made my new Rod Rack for the back of my boat. It works great and the Monster Rod Holders are awesome. Steve makes an awesome product. They look great and worked great. Well worth the money. They will last for years.

Attached Files:

2. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good lookin rack scott! hey that bank looks familar! thats gotta be the cumberland river!

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks good Scott! Did you catch a bunch of big ones while on leave?

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looking guuud! Thanx for your service and make your next trip home more than R&R. Stay safe over there!!!:wink:

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Looking good Scott!

I had a similar rig like your's for a while.

6. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Nice looking set up Scott. Just make sure to use heavy duty straps, becasue the Mosnter Holders can take the abuse you don't want the strap to be the weak link in your set up. :wink: :smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Scott congrats on the Monster Rod Holders and your rod rack. Looks good.

8. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    lookin good :big_smile::cool2:

9. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks great, did you mount it in the fishing seat hole, and if so what did you use that had the same od as the hole?
    I wanna build one for my boat this winter, and not sure what to use thatd fit in the hole and be sturdy

10. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Daniel, I just used the seat posts. I went to walmart and for around 13 bucks i bought a seat base and welded a piece of metal to it and drilled holes into the metal for the rod holders. Removes quickly and stores in my rod box if needed. On the ends I put eye bolts for the straps to hook into and can rotate it to either side and restrap if not in river current and want to fish off the side. I built it this way so I would not have to drill into my boat and so when the family goes tubin it is removable and not in the way. It took me around an hour or so total to drill all holes weld the base and mount the Monster Rod Holders. Easy Good Luck

11. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Those Monster Rod Holders look good. Might have to order me some.

12. JohnK

JohnK New Member

State:
    ga
    looks good, fixing to have me one looks "similar" too

13. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    You did a nice job on that Steve, I've been scrounging for ideas and came across one simular to this. YOURS looks much nicer, those Monster RH are sweet too. I wish I could afford em.

14. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    :vampire::vampire:looks good gotta get me some of those monsters

15. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was looking at doing something similar. It would be nice if there was something you could use to replace the straps. Something to lock that seat base to whatever position you wanted.

16. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I think they do make the base and post that have like a keyway that does not let the post swivel. I did my first rod rack like that but just drilled a hole in the base. Then I welded a pin on the post that fit in the hole. Tada! No straps. I got the idea from the way Slider has his set up.