New Missouri member here

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Moallen, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Moallen

Moallen New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hello All,
    My name is Allen and I live in Jefferson City Mo. I am new on here and want to start doing some fishing.I have two boats, a 32 ' Stamas and a 20 ' Sea Ark . I have fish finders/sounders in both ,but I have yet to try cat fishing (or any fishing ) for that matter. I am retired Military and I am ready. I like all the information on here so thanks everyone.Is it to cold now to try to fish? I can put in at the Osage river or the Missouri river. I can also go to Lake of the ozarks.
    Thanks Allen

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Welcome man! ty for serving

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hey Allen, welcome to the BOC! It's great to see more and more Missourians joining the best site on the net. If you would please, go the " Local Missouri Talk" forum and sign the Missouri Roll Call. Again, thanks and a big welcome to the BOC.:0a25: :big_smile_2:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Allen! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! I can't help you much with fishing in Missouri, but I would like to sincerely thank you for your service to this great country of ours. Again, welcome :smile2:!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Allen welcome to the BOC. It sounds like you have got some fine boats and you live in a an area that has some great catfish. So jump right in an get your feet wet. There is a wealth of catfish info. on this web and a great bunch of BOC brothers and sisters ready to help.:smile2:

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Welcome Allen, To The B.O.C. The Greatest Website On Earth Glad to have you.

7. Moallen

Moallen New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks ,
    To everyone for the warm welcome, if I sound a little off or stupid sometime please just over look it.I was in a coma for a long time and in the hospital for months so thinking comes hard sometime:) I miss the army but I think fishing is safer.
    Anyone close to Jefferson city Mo that can go fishing and show me the ropes. I know boats just not fishing.
    Thanks Allen

8. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Welcome Allen, and thanks for serving, Iam sure, their is some catmen at Jefferson city, find a bait shop, and do some talking, their is one south on 54 a few miles out, on west side and a small boat shop dont know the name.
    pratice saftey on the Missouri it can be unforgiving.
    Jim

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    allen thanks for serving and welcome to the BOC . i wish i was close enough to you to take you out and show you the ropes , but im sure some kind sole on here will be glad to show you how . when you do get out make sure to take pics we all want to see those fish you catch . in the mean time take a few hours or days , weeks maybe and read all the info you can on here trust me you will learn alot .

10. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Welcome to the BOC Allen, you are in the right area and have the right boats. You have the right site to learn all you want and mostly likely will ahve someone want to take you out to fish. If you get down around Memphis TN, give me a shout.

11. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Allen theirs a catfishers gathering, in May, 18,19 and 20 Warsaw Mo. Truman lake state park, Racoon ridge. alot of good info and you can meet a lot of people. Troy (Spoonfish) set it up, is usually on here every day, Holds the record on largest asain carp caught in a dip net and stayed in boat. at 7 miles a hour.
    Jim

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Allen, and thank you for your service to our country!!

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Allen .WElcome to the BOC. You have found a great site to hang out on. Lots of good info and good friend ship found on here. I know that we have some members in the Jeff City area. I'm sure someone will come along before long. And Thank you for serving our great country.

14. cougar

cougar New Member

State:
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    Welcome Allen! Nice to see another vet on here. I did my time as a jarhead 86-94. My daughter joined the Army last year so I'll save the jokes for now. Fish have to eat just like us. Its just hard to fish when your line freezes as its coming out of the water though. The techniques are a little different in the winter. All the info you need is right here, your on the right tract. Can't help with advice, my wife and I are new to river fishing. We got our first boat a year ago. If you see an old 24ft pontoon with lawn chairs for seats on the river, flag us down and say hello.

15. Denny H

Denny H New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Allen,
    Great to see a new member, I have some friends that live in J. City. They talk about going to Binder lake alot and having really good look with the channel cats. Of course there are several good rivers in that area too. I know some time this summer I will be down there but don't have any dates yet. J City is about an 1 1/2 hrs from where I live. Good luck...
    Denny

16. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome to the B.O.C Allen

17. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Welcome aboard and enjoy. This is a great group here.

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you Sir, for Joining BOC.Everything you'll need to know about Catfishin is right here. Thank you for serving our great country. Try to come to our Missouri Gathering at Truman Lake.It's scheduled for May 18th,19th,and 20th.
    We'd be glad to have and you'll get to meet alot of Missouri BOC members and possibly a few from other states as well.We're all glad to have just sit back and enjoy!:big_smile:

19. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    hey glad you got here ,it is a great site ,boonville is about the same distance for you as it is for me .We put in there alot and motor to the missouri ,there is great fishing there if you learn the area, anytime you want to try the missouri river give me a shout and we can meet there . Primitivefrn,and spoonfish are starting to fish that area of the river too,they are a great couple of catmen to get to know.

20. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Welcome Allen. Everyday is a new and learning experience with fishing, here on the BOC is an excellant resource as well as great folks. If you can at all make it to the gathering then feel free to pick our brains. Thanks for you service to our great county brother, time now for it's rivers and lakes to be your classroom. It don't get any better. Welcome again friend.