New Members

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by eyeguy, Jul 9, 2008.

1. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Man we have got to get some other people to use this site. I check in nearly everyday when I am home and except for three or four of us there just isn't anybody else coming to the site. I have posted the flyers in bait shops around Cadillac and Mesick hoping to draw a few people who might be interested but so far nobody. What do people in other areas do to attract people to the site? I am so ate up with this catin' that I go through the library and posts to see if I can get better at finding and catching fish. I just can believe I am the only one suffering from this disease.
    eyeguy

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Don't worry michigan, us OHIO boys will help you all out, just slide your questions down our way

3. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Appreciate all the help you can give. I posted the message trying to find out how to get Michigan residents to find and use this site. It seems most fisherman here only want salmon, steelhead, trout, walleyes and panfish. Most think cats are bottom feeding garbage fish..........seems a shame and I would like to try to change some minds.
    eyeguy

4. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I don't usually frequent places where fliers would be appropriate, and at my fishing location I rarely (I mean once a year) see anybody else fishing for cats that I could tell about this site. My friends aren't interested, like you said, those of them that fish are into trout, salmon, walleyes, bass, etc. Which is fine, I fish for some of those things too sometimes, I just can't get them hooked on catting. I printed out a BOC logo and put it on the back of my truck capper to make due until I get a real sticker, maybe somebody will see it at the lake or someplace and be interested in the site. It's too bad that other people will see that and judge me as a hillbilly, because it seems like folks believe that catfishing is for hillbillies around here, not worthy of their attention.

5. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I feel ya bro! I posted and handed out close to 50 flyers and havent seen anything yet. It's a desease of the others....not us....lol!

6. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan

7. twohats

twohats New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I am new here.I am usually on the michigan sportsman forum.I have been fishing for cats On the huron in flatrock.Not much to show for it. Has anyone done any good at the Bellville dam at south or noth Hydro Park.

8. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
    Welcome to the site twohats
    Im sure someone can give you the information your looking for
    besure to check out the members library,etc. lots of information
    on catfishing.:wink:
    Barry

9. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I can't help you down there as I live north of Cadillac but local bait shops may have heard of somebody catchin cats there. Welcome to the site.
    eyeguy

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like we got some MI catfisherman after all. Keep the post coming

11. steinomyte

steinomyte New Member

State:
    Michigan
    do you guys make the flyers you pass put or just print them up? let me know and i'll do what I can while i'm here in Michigan.

12. twohats

twohats New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks everyone. I have been going though some rough times lately.A lot has to do with my work.I find a nice evening down at the river fishing for cats helps me to relax. Do pretty well on bullheads down there early in the year. Usually keep a few for the pan. I may try to make it to Belleville this weekend.

I got a cdl a license this past Dec. for a work backup plan. But I thnk I may just have to go and use it to get out from were I am working. I dont want to be away from the family, but there is just to much stress were I am at now.

Sorry for venting. Good luck cating everyone.Maybe I will see ya on the river.

13. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
    found this dated 7/10/08 on dnr website:

Huron River - Is fishable and anglers are catching bass and catfish in the pond between the two dams.

hope you find it helpful
    Barry

14. twohats

twohats New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Thanks,thats were i have been fishing.I dont always trust the dnr reports.I think they get their info from the local bait stores.

Also the river is very high right now from all the rain.I live very close so maybe I will go and check the water tonight.I think Bellville maybe a better choice this weekend.