New members, do you give them your spots.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Aug 26, 2009.

Will you give a new member your honey hole.

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have seen alot of new members as of late and wihin there first few post, sometimes there 1st post they are asking directions to actual locations where they can catch big fish.

I am all for helping new people out, with what bait they are hitting on, what tackle to use, and maybe a general location.

But it seems more people want it the quick way and want actual honey holes given to them...I personally wont do it, I have worked to hard to find the spots I do fish, they aint secrete, and they can be found, but I wont give the exact location.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know where all your spots are... I put lowjacks in your fishin' boots. lol

The answer is a resounding HELL NO! Done that once with one spot and learned a hard lesson. Not only did he fish it to death but annouced on open forum where it was so anyone else could too.:angry:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009

3. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the way a lot of people are these days. They just don't want to take thye time to pay the dues, just reap the rewards of someone else's labor.

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    The only person i have told about a honey hole was you jack...i sure hope your fishing them:wink:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I told this guy misterwhisker a few of them....:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:
    Other than that, nope! Maybe a general area but no exact spots. Too many people like to keep & sell large fish to pay ponds.:angry::angry::angry:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant get to them without a boat:big_smile:..Besides if someone would tell me a good spot, I would not fish it without them...just common courtesy!

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    no one has ever given me their honey hole spots, most likely i will never give up mine :0a19:

8. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    I told a friend about a hot crappie lake and the very next weekend an armada of his friends in boats decended on it. Mums the word now. The hotter it is the quieter I get. Same goes for cats in my book.

9. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    As a avid catfisherman, I don't mind giving up places to fish, but never my actual honey hole. I'll point somebody in the right direction as hopefully somebody would do me. I'm in need of some places to fish in the rivers around here, but I wouldn't ask anybody to give me there honey hole. BUT if somebody did take me to there spot, I wouldn't tell anybody because I wouldn't want to ruin it for the both of us. Just my 2 pennies

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My spots are known by me, my dog and the fish ... that is it:cool2:

11. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I found a hole within the hole bro :wink::smile2:

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Soon jack, real soon..will be fishin them holes and end your streak:wink:

13. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    NO, If i get to know you or you go fishing with me maybe. i will tell you what i'm useing or how deep, ect, but where i don't think so. i have found these spots by being on the lake or river and put in my time. do the same
    (my 2 cents worth rwg

14. Exactly, and respect.:roll_eyes:

I have been caught by and seen some of my other BOC SE PA brothers along the bank here and there while fishing from my boat in my normal spots:embarassed::smile2:, and never moved into thier spot nor seen the opposite,:wink: that I know of.:eek:oooh: I'll keep an imaginary 40 yard buffer zone from other people's spots that I know who they are.:cool2:

If they are a stranger, then hmmmmmm....good looking spot.......:wink::smile2::smile2:

15. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Well I just joined recently and started fishing again for the first time in 15 years. I wouldn't want someone to just give me their honey hole nor would I give one that I'd found to just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. So the answer would be a definite no. Honey holes come with experience, and that experience makes you a better fisherman IMO.:wink:

16. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Anybody who wants to catch catfish in Tallahassee Fl send me a pm I will be glad to take you or show you where I fish:wink:

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Everyone knows my favorite spot "THE WALL!" after that aint sayin nuttin (LOL) other then they is or they aint(LOL)

18. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    good post jack:confused2::confused2::confused2: i will only tell new members about tackels from rods to reels,rigs,and line:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: but hell no i am not tell them about my honey :smile2: plus few of us now about some of are honey holes