Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by waldorftbeagle, Sep 9, 2007.

1. waldorftbeagle

waldorftbeagle New Member

State:
    NC
    Hi Guys,

I joined the club today, paid my dues so I am in. I love to catfish and just started fishing again after a long hiatus. I do not have a boat although I plan to buy a 14 foot john boat for river fishing. Right now I fish from the public access areas in the catawba county area. I wasted 6 hours Friday night at the access area just accross the 127 lake hickory bridge. I did not get a bite. I am hoping to get into some good cats this fall. Any advise? What can I do until I get my john boat?

2. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC.

3. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    welcome to catfish1 come on in from texas

4. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Daryll. The area you fish isn't that familiar to me, so I'm not much help with suggestions. I'm sure there are a few on here that will be along shortly to help ya out.
    I love my jon boat. It's a 14' flat bottom. I can run it on some of the smaller bodies of water with just the trolling motor, but most times I'm running a 15hp ole Seahorse. It ain't fancy.
    Good luck on yours!:big_smile:

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Daryel, I am not familiar with the waters you fish, but I do have an opinion. Just keep fishing. Every trip you make you will learn something about that water. It may only take two or three trips until your in the fish, it may take six months to a year...but if you keep plugging, you will get there. The old tried and true measures you learned years ago still work, the catfish have not evolved any more than they were at that point. And, let me add my welcome to the BOC. Just read the posts, visit the BOC library, and you will enjoy the site more each day. And I will bet you'll learn something.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome, you'll like it here.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Another welcome to the BOC from Missouri.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Daryel Welcome to the BOC from So. Illinois.I look forward to reading your post.:big_smile:

9. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC!

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas.