Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Oct 19, 2006.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hey new member from Taft Ca, "Happy" to be hear do any of you California boys fish the Aqueduct. Fishing has been lousy the last few times out, guess it is getting to cold for them. I spent the last two mornings staring at the end of my pole:roll_eyes: and never even got a nibble:angry: so I think I will go this evening and spend the night and if that doesn't work guess I will just have to wait for the water to warm up. But let me say again how happy I am to be hear .
    catfish slick :big_smile:

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Phillip... when the fish ain't bitin', do as the rest of us, log in and start lyin'...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    If you don't run your own life, somebody else will.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Welcome aboard Slick glad to have you!
    ~ I'm certain one of our CA brothers will help you with you question.
    Take care!!

5. Shadwrap06

Shadwrap06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the Brotherhood!

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a25: :006: Welcome to the BOC ,Phillip.Glad to see a new brother joining the ranks. Your gonna find that this is a great place to hang out .
    Now Jeb we don't all get on here and start lieing :roll_eyes: may be streccccccccch the truuuuuuuuth just a tab but not lieing. I don't know of any fishermen/women who would do that. Now honestly do you know of any.Well maybe a couple.

8. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Welcome to the BOC Phillip, I never have fished the duct, it's kind of far from me. The duct does run through the high desert in Hesperia but that is about a 45 min drive from where I live. I live really close to Puddingstone Reservoir so I usually spend my time there. Glad to have another California brother on the board. There is some great information on this board and the people are awesome!

9. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC, Phillip.

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Phillip! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :smile2:

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome to the BOC and greetings from Fresno Phillip. I got skunked this weekend at the duct too, so don't feel bad:smile2: How far is taft from Fresno?

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the BOC Slick:cool2:

13. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Wlecome to the BOC! I live and fish in northern california so I can't help with your question but good luck on the evening fishing trip.

14. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC, catfish slick!!!!!!!!

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome to the BOC Phillip, We are Glad to have You Join Us.J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

16. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey phil welcome to the B.O.C. you gonna like this site.

17. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the boc

18. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Welcome to the BOC, Phillip!!!!

19. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Welcome to the BOC. Now start sharing those fishin' stories:big_smile:

20. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Good morning to the gang.
    Well I got out their just about 6:30 in time to get my pole set up bated and in the water and the lantern ready to go before it got to dark. I had my bed made my teeth in my pocket and I set for the night. Well I set their staring at the end of my pole :angry: for four hours and never got a bite. I had this new bait that I was just sure would do the trick, my secret weapon. I usually fish with Chicken liver and Catch my share of Cat. But I thought I would try something I had been reading on BOC, Curing liver with Garlic powder and salt. And I went one step further I did it in MOM dehydrator :smile2: and I thought it turned out great. Well I tried it and had no bites, So I added a bottle of Anise oil, went out and tried again still no bites. While I was out at the fishing hole I found a jar that said on it, Sonny's super Sticky Channel Cat Bait, the jar had just a little left in it so I brought it home with me and Added it to my secret weapon. That's what I had for bait last night. Looks good, smells good, but I never got a bite. I think it's over till the water warms up in the spring. I will just set my secret weapon up in the garage till spring It should be good and ripe by then and heck I mite even find something else to add to it before then. thanks again guys for making me feel welcome at the BOC.
    catfish slick