Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new member here. I just move to Arkansas with the family and have finally got sometime to hit the Arkansas river to do some fishing next week. Unfortunately I don’t know any of the good spots. I’m coming from the Cabot area. I’m trying to target catfish primary. So if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Also any local bait and tackle places. I’ve been to the Bass pro a couple times but like to support the local tackle stores.
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,466 Posts
Welcome to BOC, Redek.
You'll find there are lots of members here who are knowledgeable about catching the whiskered critters.
And no-one is stingy with their knowledge.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Welcome to the USCA, think you are going to like it here so visit often. I too am from IL. so can't help with locations or independently owned bait and tackle shops in the area. I used to duck hunt in southern Ar. and saw some good-looking fishing spots but never fished there. Good Luck.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,715 Posts
Welcome from boonville Arkansas.... I fish Arkansas River but not down that way.... I'm not really sure where you're at but there's a tackle shop called pop pops bait and tackle ... It's popular I think it's around Little Rock a little South there somewhere they got catfish.... Also check out Facebook Arkansas area catfish hunters check out Jamie.....

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Welcome from Horn Lake, MS.
We had a gathering at Maumelle Park west side of Little Rock years ago. It's on the southwest side of the river from I-430. We tried bank fishing and had no luck. There's a dam almost at I-430 Looks like good bank use area on the north side below the dam. Looks like good areas down to Burns Park.
Look at google earth and google map to find places.
We use to have a few older members in the Little Rock area. Now we are the older group.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts