Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by 223Smitty, May 12, 2006.

1. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just wanted to say hello to all....see a familiar screen name or two here. I'm a trapper & do fish a fair bit, mostly panfish for the deepfryer :big_smile: . Also enjoy working on (modifying) & repairing traps, as well as "wheel & deal" in a few.

Most of the trapping around here (central Indiana) consists of coyote, a few reds, and coon, rats, mink, a few beaver and those ever-popular grinners :crazy: . I'm pushin' 50, and trapped as a young teen, but got "sidetracked" for the majority of my life.....decided a few years back to get back into it again......lol, all it took was running across a few old Northwood traps out in the barn one day.

Had spend the past couple days reading through some old posts here.....looks like a great site! Look forward to reading/posting & sharing info on one of the oldest traditions this nation was founded upon :wink:

Smitty

2. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    welcome smitty, where you trapping at in central indiana? I might have talked with you before.

3. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Welcome to the BOC :cool2:

4. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    wecolme, i'am a coon hunter. did alot of coon hunting back in the day with my dad and brothers when the money was good. my boy turned 6 in nov. and he had been wanting one after going a few times with a buddy of mine and hearing and seeing some pitures of us back in the day. i got him a 2 year walker last fall. he loves it, hell she sleeps with him, that cool. good luck this year, BIGCAT DADDY 71.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Trapper: welcome to the board

7. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC.

8. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    welcome to the BOC

9. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Smitty,
    I want to welcome you to the BOC! Great to have you in our company of friends and family. Sure glad you got back on track.:wink:

10. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Trapper, welcome to the Brotherhood.

ST

11. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    welcome aboard trapper. I started trapping with my grandpa and dad when i could barely walk. Except 2 or 3 years that i got sidetracked chasing girls, I have trapped my whole life. This year was the best yet and am looking forward for the next. me and my partner spent two weeks trapping in the red river bottoms in northwest louisiana this past february. We posted a day to day account of it on the red river catfishing part2 thread. you get a chance, go check it out. it is the very first post on that thread.

once again welcome
    eric

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC family Smitty!:big_smile:

13. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Welcome to BOC Smitty

14. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    WELCOME TO THE BOC!!! IT DONT GET NO BETTER THAN THIS!Well unless your on the river fishing with a laptop!!:lol:

15. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm in southern Madison County, (I'm also a moderator on the Indiana Trapper Talk forum).

Thanks to all for the welcome! I was fortunate to "stumble" across this site the other day.....glad I did! Look forward to talking with you all...

Smitty

16. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC