New member who needs some boat help

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Captain Kilowatt, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Hello Gang! I guess I'm a forum junkie because I seem to join a forum every time I get into things I'm not that knowledgeable about for the expertise of people like ya'll. I love fishing but for various reasons haven't really done much for quite some time. Well the fever has hit me hard and I'm wanting to get back into it BAD. I love to ultralight fish for anything that's biting lol. I've caught a few catfish but I'd be lying to say that I'm a catfisherman. I drug an old boat of mine out of the woods yesterday (I live in the middle of where Katrina hit) and it was one of the few things that the trees didn't smash. It's an "old" semi-V 14 1/2' 48" wide. Ugly as sin but looks structureally sound. I need to replace the wood across the transom which is rotten in one place (would I just grind off the rivets and replace it and rivet it back?), the bench aluminum seats are buckled etc fairly bad (guess I'll box them over with plywood) and the paint is peeling everwhere on the outside and looks hideous. The trailer believe it or not looks good except the wheels are toast.
    I just wanted to say "Hi" and thank you for letting me join in with ya'll. I've been reading tons of your threads and learning alot. Who knows..... I may just end up a catfisherman lol. I originally was thinking of buying a Grizzly 1448 with the casting deck from BassProShop (can't find any locally or used for that matter) but the thought of paying around $1900 for just a boat when I already have one (kind of lol) doesn't make sense to me. I can do a lot with this boat for that including buying a motor and trolling motor etc. Thanks again and any suggestions would sure be appreciated for this newbie boat owner. Thanks and Stay Safe.

2. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Welcome partner nice to see ya here.

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC Dave! You have found a good one here. Lots a good folks and info. Enjoy!

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC and good luck on your boat project.

5. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC.

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Dave, Welcome to the Brotherhood Brother. You just make yourself at home cause you are among family here.

ST

7. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!:big_smile:

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Welcome to the B.O.C., we are happy to have you aboard! There is alot of information here about boats and fishing! As you ask specific questons, you will find many willing and able to help!
    Good luck with your boat!

10. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Welcome to the BOC, the best catfisnin and fishin site on the net. Always good to have another brother join. Just ask the questions, there are all kinds of people that can help with just about any problem. Again, welcome Brother.