New member to the Brotherhood looking for Missouri River fishing report

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Rootwad, May 4, 2006.

1. Rootwad

Rootwad New Member

State:
    Platte City, MO
    I've been a guest for many months and just signed up as a member the other day. Could I get a fishing report for the Missouri River for Parkville, Farley, and or Leavenworth. Is the water to cold yet for the flatheads? I have been working in Des Moines and fishing on the Des Moines River in the evening. The channels are hitting but the flatheads have not yet. I think the water might be to cold? I get home on weekends and would like to get on the Missouri. Any info would be appriciated........Cool website.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rootwad - Welcome onboard here at the B.O.C.! :0a25: I'm sure someone will give you some info on the Missouri. I'm from Pa. and some of the Pa. members are now starting to get a few Flatheads so things should be happening in Missouri also!

3. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the brotherhood. Great place to relax and gain knowledge.

D

4. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    welcome aboard! i just signed up a couple months ago and i love it! you can gain more knowledge on here in one evening than in a years fishing (not that i recomend the non-fishing part :lol: ).

and the flatheads have picked up heavy the past couple weeks on the ohio river.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Welcome aboard,wad!!
    I don't fish the Mo. much,but the recent rains dropped the temp.at smithville a few degrees.
    If you click on Mo.......then click on the rivers section,you will see some members that hit the Mo. year round...there areare some reports listed already.

6. Rootwad

Rootwad New Member

State:
    Platte City, MO
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Cook, I live where the Little Platte joins the Big Platte. Haven't had much luck on large flatheads, cought some real small ones and some nice channels so far this spring. Does Smithville Lake hold a good population of flatheads? How about below the dam?

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Bob, Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!

8. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I am not from your area but just wanted to tell you welcome to the BOC

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    During the summer when they are running at least 500 CFS for 3 days,big flats can be caught in the spillway

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the brotherhood

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Bob and welcome aboard. I fish the missouri river but about 150mi. north around blinco Ia. I havent had any luck on flats so far but have cought a copple of nice channels on cut bait. I think the flats should start hitting real soon though. we have had quite alot of rair recently and the nights are still getting down in the 40s. I have tried some of the tributaries and no luck either but not to fret theyll be hitting soon I can feel it. Bigcatman0816.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :big_smile: WELCOME ABOARD!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO JOIN THE BEST CLUB GOING.

13. Rootwad

Rootwad New Member

State:
    Platte City, MO
    Thanks Cook for the info. I'll have to try it when the water temp goes up and we get some more rain.

14. j.klein

j.klein New Member

State:
    missouri
    between st charles and chesterfield the river is high and blues are finiky only biting live bait{worms small fish like shad and big minnows} not to many channels in sight and no flatheads

15. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Got out sunday(7th)for about 3hrs,to see if the flats are on the bite yet.Water temp 58,thick overcast,wind from SE at about 10mpr,First spot-outside bend anchored up from small feeder. Using live bluegill,chubs threw on down river side of feeder....No bites, but there was a few of them jumpin carp in there when I started back up to move.Made my dog buoy go to barkin for a while. He hates them things as much as I do.Anyway went down river checkin things out on the finder,when I picked up some fish at the end of a trail dike.There was a sharp rock drop off about 10 foot deep then moved off to about 20 foot.sandy Worked this hole about two hrs,caught one flat 20mins after gettin set up,class flat bite,hard hit and run,(hit on a chub).about 3#.5mins later another hit and run,said wow another flat,turned out to be a channel he hit alive bluegill,put up a good fight ,also about 3#.had 4 or 5 good bites after but no hookups. Missouri river report........your humble servant beartrap and buoy.......keep ur nose to the wind ur powder dry and ur hull wet:lol: :lol:

16. Rootwad

Rootwad New Member

State:
    Platte City, MO
    Thanks for the river report MSPratt. What part of the Mo river do you fish?

17. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    I fish from st joe north to brownville neb,Also I make 8 day river trips from gavin point dam to nodaway island boat ramp,every year for the last 12 years. 360 miles down the river.Fish every nite.This years trip is planned from 22nd of june to july 2. Love this river :cool2: ur humble servant beartrap....

18. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Went out saturday the 13th,air temp 63,wind out of north 15mph,water temp 61,partly cloudy.It was a slow fishin day,out about 5hr's.not one bite even on worms.Had cut bait,live bluegill,live chubs and some wicked sticky that is hard to use in these cooler temps. Anyway the water is starting to warm up very slowly.Still good to get out on the water,saw only two other boats out.they went north I went south.By the time I came back they had aready pulled out and gone,I was goin to ask them if they had any luck.Got four 12 hr days to work,then 15 days off..Hope to do lots of flathead fishin them two weeks.There's a good chance I'll be fishin the UScats tournament on the 20th of may,Then up to Brownville Neb for three or four days of floatin back to nodaway boat ramp, camp,fish(lots of nite fishin),and lots of beer swillin,,,,,,,I'll keep u posted :cool2: .......ur humble servant beartrap and his dog buoy.

19. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC, the most addictive and friendliest place on the web.

20. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Back from fishin the mo river,and it's been good flathead fishin. Went out on the 18th of may to the 27th.Fish catch was,18th one flat 2#,two chanels.1 and 2#'s.19th two chanels small,20th day of uscats turney,didn't fish truney,partner couldn't make it,but I fished on my own.1 flat,1 chanel,small.went to weigh in 66#blue won turney.Blues and chanels brought in not many flatheads.21st 1 10# flat.22 didn't fish.23rd fished with buddy I had 1 small chanel,buddy had 1 15#carp and two drum.Now the 24th great day,the flathead are out and eatin chubs and bluegill,first flat 42# the biggest i've caught on rod,reel,20min fight to the net.next 16# and then a 12# (flats)best flathead day I have had on the mo river.25th had to go and catch more bait.26th good day also 2 flats 10# range.27th 1 20# flat.All in all a great week of fishin them flatheads.Lucky to be off from work that week,Wrote down water temps,weather facts for those days but don't have it with me,there in the boat.Hope to get out on the 7th of june but I think were gettin close to the spawn.Anyway take care bro's....Ur humble servant beartrap and buoy...keep ur nose to the wind ur powder dry and ur hull wet:big_smile: