New member to the BoC

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Ben Sheffey, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Ben Sheffey

Ben Sheffey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welp fellas my brother finally talked me into joining the website here, don't really know where to start but I figured that this would be the best place to start.

A little about myself is in order I guess, my brother is Jeremy on the forums and I also live and fish in Kentucky and the surrounding states. I primarily fish for trout, bass and musky (which I never caught) I just got into catfish for the first time in my life I've never been one that has been able to sit still long enough to enjoy fishing for catfish until the past couple years. I still don't know much about catfishing but got lucky once and caught a 25 pounder which I can't lie it wore me out so bad I started to go to the gym again.

Little did i know, unlike trout which you can almost jerk out of the water, bigger cats can give you a run for your money which is why I found a new love for it. I have recently moved which has put a stop to my fishing until I get my own gear and what not, Jeremy has always been the fisherman in our family and I've always bummed off him.

Aside from fish I played football for Georgetown College in Kentucky and I am going to Kentucky University now for Nursing school next fall. I really enjoy computer and console gaming as well as working on them. If anyone has questions about computers or what not just ask I am pretty good at trouble shooting systems. I also enjoy all sports aside from baseball and professional basketball and enjoy tailgating before them.

Well I guess thats it as of right now if anyone wants to know more just ask or if you get mad at my brother and want him smacked I take donations.

Thanks for letting me in and reading this fella's!

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Welcome to the BOC...:big_smile:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Ben welcome to the BOC, You will really like this place it's has the best group of guy's and gal's you'll ever meet, Ask any question you need to know and you will get plenty of responce's

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  6. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :smile2::smile2: I'll start the bidding at $1.37 :smile2::smile2:

Must have YouTube video for video conformation.:smile2:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    start the bidding boys, i wanna see who my real friends are...haha:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Mr. Ben Sheffey Welcome to the BOC!!!:wink: Have had the pleasure of sharing the boat/bank on several occasions with Jeremy this summer and fall and am looking forward to meeting ya in person. Jeremy will probably inform you of what kind of an old fart I am. You have join one of the most helpful group of people you will ever meet here. Ask any questions that ya may have about fishing and you'll get enough answers you'll have to like some of them. As for slapping Jeremy if I think he needs it I'll take the pleasure myself.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  9. Ben Sheffey

Ben Sheffey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    please ken i think it would take us both to get any sense into him

10. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
  11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    welcome to the site bro:wink:

12. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Welcome to the forum , I will bid $10.00 for an open handed ^%*# slap on your brother.Video is required though.:smile2:

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Guess we'll just have to keep trying:wink: Some just takes more patience than other. He'll learn in time!!:smile2::smile2:

14. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Welcome to the BOC!!
    Be sure to enjoy yourself here in the cantina!!

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ben. Seems you have a fine brother there. Now go catch some bigger ones than he does!!

16. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Welcome Ben,

As far as slapping your brother, just go ahead and do it for the pure fun of it. Walk up behind him, reach over his shoulder, and WHOP him a good'n right in the ear, then run like hell.

Give it a few minutes and you can do it again. You know, short term memory loss, from taking hits in the head:confused2:

Have fun!:wink:

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Ben Glad your Bro.talked you into joining us here on the B.O.C.(Soon the name of this forum will change its name to (OLD GIEZZERS FISHING CLUB) or something like that) according to our fearless leader Mr.Paul Laddertruck,Hes a swell fella.I met him once a fue years ago one weekend in the drunk tank down in Kentuky. Anyway a Big ol welcome aboard.J.D.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  18. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    welcome :big_smile:

i give ya 10 bucks for a good one

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome, Ben, from sunny South Carolina. You know the place. We're the state that sent that team that just whooped up on Ky's collegiate bowl butt! :cool2::wink::smile2:

BB in SC

20. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ben where you located now ? I live in Richmond just south of LA (lexington area ) lol . Have tried to get some guys down here to fish but they must have better fishing holes .Or well ....closer to home .:wink:I fish the ky river as my home spot .I cpr over 10 lbs.. just cause... You fish with me it's your choice . I also play in a band mostly in Lexington about once a month .I don't have a fancy boat but it floats . I rod and reel and jug fish some . I keep smaller fish as I have 3 youngens and we like fish . I also hunt but don't have private property close to here to hunt on . And welcome to the BOC !