New Member saying Hi

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Texas River Pirate, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Texas River Pirate

Texas River Pirate New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi everyone. Just surfed in. I live in Gonzales, Texas. Have been fishing the beautiful Gaudalupe and San Marcos Rivers now for 28 years now. I love to catfish. I use trotlines, droplines, sticklines, jugs, rod and reel. You name it. I have caught them all, but I think I really like catching channel cats the most. I think they have a better taste.
    Have been using cut shad mostly, but you can't beat fresh earth worms from the golf course. Soap is good in the summer. I have been hearing chicken livers are tearing them up right now. I need to get out there and catch me some.
    Well anyway, I just wanted to say hi to all.
    Texas River Pirate

2. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    Hey to you there Texas River Pirate. Yep, sure can't beat that cut bait and them old worms. I make my own soap which tears the up. Welcome to this great cat fishing site, which is loaded with useful info. Go the the library for this site and find just about anything you need to learn about catfish.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Howdy Brother ! Welcome to the BOC. Glad ya came. Before long the members map is gonna be full of Texans:thumbsup: ........ Have ya found the map yet ? Put yourself up there if not. Enjoy and let us know how the water is down there. Here it's lookin' bad, very low at most lakes around Dallas.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Welcome to the BOC. Nice to see more texans joining soon we will be takeing over the board.:evil-big:

5. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Hey Pirate, I too am new.But not new to catfishing, ya got to love it. I do have slightly disagree with ya in that if you cook a blue a little longer it's tha best.

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Welcome to the Brotherhood Jay!! Good to see new members joining! Take it easy buddy!

Ryan

7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Welcome to both of you! Happy Valentines Day!:wub:

8. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Welcome aboard! I spend many days in Gonzales fishing and hunting there. We had family friends there that I spent summers with. Loved every minute.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC TRP.

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC.

11. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Jay, welcome to the BOC!

12. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Jay,

Welcome aboard the best Web site on the net...I sure like to see another Texan sign up..

13. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the best bunch of guys around. You will love it here!

Darrell

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jay, welcome to the BOC. It is always nice to have another new member. Welcome to the family.

15. strider

strider New Member

State:
    Bruceville-Eddy, Texas
    What a great site this is...all things catfishing! I'm happy to be a new member and and look forward to learning more about the pursuit of the Greatest Sportfish in Texas freshwaters. I fish from a kayak or access areas with a kayak and bank or wade fish mainly for channel cat in the warmer months. My chief haunt is the Brazos River in the Marlin area. Hopefully we'll get some rain here in Central Texas this spring so we can all look forward to another successful season of catfishing.

Thanks to all who have already extended your welcomes, I am proud to be a new brother.

16. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Welcome, Strider! Nice to meet you!

17. marco88

marco88 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC! This site is great. There is so much great info on so many topics that I spend most of my time reading and not enough time posting.

18. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    Welcome to the BOC !!!

19. marco88

marco88 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Howdy TRP! Welcome to the BOC!

20. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Welcome aboard buddy! Sit back and read through a lot of the library articles as there are some awsome entries!:)

Frank