New member saying hello

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by longliner, Aug 26, 2009.

1. longliner

longliner New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey everybody, I'm Dewayne. I'm brand new to the BOC. What a cool web site! I have been reading a lot of your posts. Lots of good info. I mainly fish Toledo Bend Lake in Texas. I trotline mainly (hence the name "longliner"). Can't seem to get enough of it! The cats have been biting pretty good, hopefully cooler weather is on the way. I made a batch of lye soap and can't wait to try it out. I look forward sharing info.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. This place is awesome.

3. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Welcome to the BOC, Dewayne! GLad you signed on look forward to reading your post!

4. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Welcome to the BOC!!
    Hopefully your experience here will be as beneficial as mine!!

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Dewayne, Glad your catching fish.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Dewayne. There is alot of good info on the BOC, and alot of great people.

7. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Dewayne. This site is very cool. I've learned a lot since I joined. I mostly run trotlines myself. :big_smile:

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the B.O.C. I have lye soap in the garage . How do yu use it ?

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Dewayne.

10. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    welcome brother, ive fished a few times on that lake. good lake.

11. longliner

longliner New Member

State:
    Texas
    I cut the soap with tight stretched mono. line - small squares ( 1" or less ) I like small hooks 2/0 stainless Eagle Claw offset J hooks are my favorite. Very sharp (especially the long sank) and plenty stout. If you do catch "Old Moby" take your time and let him wear himself out. I target "eaters" and dont keep 'em much over 10#. I usually bait up with soap during the day. I run my lines at dawn and dusk. The soap seems to do better if the lines are left alone. I guess it has something to do with the scent trail the lard puts off. I've had good luck with it at night also. Good Luck.

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :0a25: To the Hood!!:big_smile:

13. longliner

longliner New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey bro. pardon my ignorance - still gettin' my feet with this website. I'm getting the hang of it. I sent a reply but at the time did'nt know how to attach the quote. Live and learn, I guess......

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Dewayne! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :big_smile:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dewayne Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois.

16. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC! I'm very new as well!

17. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

trotliner huh? im making my frist trotline right now! got all the materials, im excited. how long you been troting?

18. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    Welome to the brotherhood! Im pretty new too! I have answered a few questions, but EVERY question i have asked, was answered withing 5 hours! Crazy good response time! I love it here!:cool2:

19. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Welcome to the BOC Dewayne. You have found the motherlode of catfishing information.

20. longliner

longliner New Member

State:
    Texas
    I figure I've been at it a little better than 30 years.(That's me setting my own lines.) My childhood buddy's Grandpa had a place on Toledo Bend and we spent many summers there, not to mention every weekend possible during the school year. The first summer we were too young to take out the jon boat, but the next year it was on, Big Daddy! The only catch was we had to paddle wherever we went. We stretched a long line across the cove. Our best two fish that summer went 15 and 17 # . Talk about a couple of proud 11 year olds. The next summer we had a small motor and could venture out a little farther. Got a 32 pounder that summer. We thought we had a whale! I don't keep the big ones anymore. I like them "fryers". I'm still learning.I hope I never stop, I love to fish.