new member needs fishing partner.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by will puckett, Jun 26, 2009.

1. will puckett

will puckett New Member

State:
    alabama
    hello i live in north alabama, i need someone to fish for big cats on tennesee river. email me at willpuckett@ymail.com

2. fichere

fichere New Member

State:
    alabama
    i am in selma-where are u?

3. will puckett

will puckett New Member

State:
    alabama
    i live north alabama near decatur ala.

4. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    HEY BRO. im in Boaz Hit me up when you want to come over this way we will go fishing!!! I got the boat and always ready!

5. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    I'm just West of Cullman, and I'd like to get in on some of that Catfishing with you guys.
    groaner@hughes.net:big_smile:

6. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    if anyone in the N.W. al area is interested in fishing wilson tailrace I try to go once a week.

7. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    I needed you two nights ago on Smith lake near Cullman.
    I put out 20 hooks on a Long line at about 100' in the middle of what might have been the old channel. I had them in the water by 10 PM.
    I fished nearby for crappie, just keeping an eye on my floats.
    Finally at Midnite I went home, and was back on the water again at 6: AM.
    NOTHING! Most of the minnows were missing but the remaing minnows were dead.
    NOTHING! All that work for NOTHING.
    Disgusted in West Point.:angry:

8. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    I don't catfish smith, I do crappie and stripe fish some there and there are always the spots to catch I have heard of some good flatheads out of there.

9. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    From way up there, you fish Smith?
    Amazing. I get disgusted because I live 25 minutes from Smith and 20 Minutes from Catoma.:confused2:

My main interest in fishing is MEAT! I like Crappie, but Catfish is intriguing. Especially since I've never caught one.

Dick

10. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    actually I drive to wilson dam, I live about 20 min west of smith on the winston co side, I think we can catch you your 1st with no trouble.

11. will puckett

will puckett New Member

State:
    alabama
    hello, i am will. needapartner for night fishing for monster cats. email me at willpuckett@ymail.com. thanks.

12. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    Well thats three of us needing partners. Is that enough for one boat?:wink:
    I sent Will an Email.

Now that the 4th is over and all the madness is off the waterways, I might try to get out later this week.
    I have some more changes to make on my boat I discovered I needed the last time I got out in the dark by myself.

I'm making a 'Drum' that will fit into a Rod holder to 'Reel' up my ground line.
    I have the old snaps to hook the leaders onto the line. I want those Ganiouns real bad. Later when I get some more money.

Right now its too hot out for fishing.

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOc Will, Dick, and Jon.

14. goneflatheadin

goneflatheadin New Member

State:
    cullman al
    I've been catfishing in smith all my life, I know alote of good spots, the bite is not to good right now but fish can be caught , There are locations on smith that hold some monster flats, my biggest 56 lbs, but have hooked much larger. Its great to finally find someone else on here fishing smith. The thing about smith people think is big lake, but actually it is hundreds of tribuaries , creeks, and many river"s in one. Alote more than meets the eye. Hit me up I'll go fishing with ya.

15. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    Thanks Blue jay.
    FLathead, I just got in from smith. I put out 12 hooks on a ground line with near dead minnows.

Big ones, but they all died within an hour of my buying them. I think it must have been something in the Minnow bucket. I havent used it in a few years.
    I'm Desperate! Other wise I wouldnt be using minnows.:smile2:

A guy was bass fishing near the island. He caught some bass, but got three good sized Cats fishing for bass with a purple Lizzard with metal flakes in it.
    Amazing eh?
    He gave me a five pound Cat. (I dont know what kind it is! I'm a Yankee!)

I'll leave here about Six to go pick up my hooks.

It was a wonderful night on Smith. Quiet, moonlit, fish jumping, no wind to speak of. Just enough to keep the bugs down.
    There's lots of night sounds in the brush n' woods around that lake. Makes you wonder if any of them critters might come outta that brush after you?:embarassed:
    I'll pm the Cullman people later on and we'll get together. I try to have Coffee at Berkeley Bob's in the afternoons.

16. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey Guys give me a shout I work in Huntsville and live in Toney. I fish out of Ingles landing sometimes. But really like fishing out of the Elk river

17. whiskman

whiskman New Member

State:
    alabama
    i'll go fishin with you, i live in athens al, you say boaz, i'm familiar with the name but i can't think of where that is. Where do you usually do your catfishing?

18. hhredneck

hhredneck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    do you every fish over around henderson landing above jones bulff!

19. fichere

fichere New Member

State:
    alabama
    i did but mostly go to holy ground now & selma. available tho