new member needs directions

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by baldy804, Mar 6, 2008.

1. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    hello all can somone please help me out i need directions on how to get to lock# 5 at shreveport la gonna be down there in june to visit fatherinlaw hes a big brim fisherman but not much help to me as i want to go after some big ole cats i will be fishing from the bank and am use to fishing fast water splill ways and power plants for those wiskers unfortunatly here in wyoming they only get about 10 lbs but darn good eatin heard theres some good places on the red river to do some good cattin and me and my boy r looking forward to the trip but can find any info on where or how to get on the river we will be in shrevesport bossier so any info on the productive places and how to get to them would be helpfull thanks in advance

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana! I'm sure one of our Louisiana brothers or sisters will be along shortly to help you with your question. Good luck!

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    most people fish from the Bossier side. To get there take Hwy 71 (Barksdale Blvd.)south about 10-12 miles you will see a sign turn rt. most folks use cut shad so bring a cast net. let me know when you are going to be in.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Darrell!

5. Smijen

Smijen New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welocome to the boc Darrell

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Darrel. I'm sure someone will be able to help ya .

7. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Darrel welcome to the boc,someone will help ya im sure..

8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice bird:cool2:

9. Shotgun Slim

Shotgun Slim New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC DARRELL

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Darrell.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Darrell Welcome to the BOC. Lots of fishing info can be found here ans well as a family atmosphere.:0a22::0a22::0a25::0a25:

12. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    welcome aboard! I am Jenny's (smijen) husband. Ersel is right, south on 71 yurn right at the sign. Let us know when you are gonna be here maybe some of us could meet up with ya and fish together.

13. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome ,Darrell to the BOC !

14. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Be sure to bring some big rods. For the big cats, you'll need the long cast. Also some 3 ounce diamond spoons work very good. I'll probably run into you, I fish there at least twice a week.

15. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    alright mike sounds good hope a 7 ft med action rods with a 4-6-1 gear ratio spooled with 30 lb test will work > if not im open to suggestions on a limited buget but can imprivise i do have 1 big game rod think its a heavy action but its only 7 ft i think usually use 2/0 or 3/0 hook with 3 or 4 ounce weight any other suggestion welcome thanks to all for the big welcome and for your help and suggestions greatly appreciated

16. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    You might need something a little larger than that. I use a 13 foot rod, ($28) A $20 reel, and Power Pro 30 lb braided line($22) But just let me know when you're in town, and we'll try and link up, I've got an extra rod and reel, and I make my own spoons. You can fish with me for a day and try it out before you go spending any money!

17. baldy804

baldy804 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    ok mike sounds good i sent u a pm thanks for the offer breakfast on me look forward to a day or week lol on the river :wink:

18. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana.

19. Bungarian

Bungarian New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Steve is the man. He has helped my on everything from what gear to buy to how to fish at the lock. Very helpful

20. Bungarian

Bungarian New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I meant Mike not Steve. I don't know why I said Steve.