New member needing help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by IAB1965, Dec 27, 2007.

1. IAB1965

IAB1965 New Member

State:
    Columbia, SC
    I am glad that I found this site and believe me the threads that I have read so far has been helpful to me in many ways.

:big_smile: Being a new boater, I am willing to try new techniques of catching catfish compared to bank fishing.

:angry: I have never caught anything bigger than 10lbs & 21 inches and that was a bass.

:eek:oooh: I am in need of a lot of information from GPS/Fish finders, catching bait fish, bait rigging, and positioning of the boat.

As you can see, I still have Simulac on my breath when it comes right down to it LOL!

All information and help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I am located in South Carolina.

Thanks,
    "IAB"
    It's All Butter!

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Welcome to the BOC Shawn

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Welcome to the BOC. Post whatever specific questions you have and you will receive great answers. Fire away!

4. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well you have got a lot to learn but it will be fun learning,lake fishing,river fishing,it's all about getting a hook in the water. Don't try to figure it out all by yourself take all the advice you can get you will never stop learning differant ways to catch and find fish.One of my basic ways of fishing is to get a good depth finder, this will allow you to find bait such as shad one of catfishes primary foods do this with a throw net which is not real hard to use, there is a good write up on them in the boc. After you get bait one good place to fish is by drop offs,anchor on high side fish in shallow & deep side of drop off make sure you use reels with bait clicks or get some rod holders because catfish will take you're poles if you are not carefull. there several way's to use shad cut them up, fillet them, chunk them up, use them whole you will get results. Now I am not just saying shad is the only bait it is just one of the primary baits to use,plus it is free. There are several baits a fellow can use from live bait to homemade secret recipes. The most important thing to remember is to just go, and remember when & how you catch fish because you can usally go back and do the same thing over. The more times you go the more you remember,and try new ways you hear about don't rule out any suggestions untill you try them some ways may sound silly or just don't make sense but they could land you some good fish. Well like I said you will never stop learning but maybe this bit of advice will get you started. Good luck & have fun

5. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome Shawn. There is a wealth of information and resources here. Share what you do and what you'd like to do better and what isn't working and what you think might work....you get the idea. Others will chime in and give you thier ideas too!

6. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Welcome to the BOC Shawn. There is a wealth of info here for you to read. And also if you have a question about anything I am sure there is someone here that can answer it for you.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Shawn, welcome to the BOC/SOC:cool2:. Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome aboard Shawn you're gonna love it here!:big_smile:

10. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to the hood!!!

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC. You'll find all you answers here.

12. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    welcome to the boc

13. FDR

FDR New Member

State:
    Ohio,Cincinnati
    Welcome to the BOC

14. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    Welcome, from one new member to another!!!

15. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC. You can learn about anything you desire to know here. Combine that information with some personal experience and become one of the best. Goodluck to ya !

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shawn Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Ask those questions. Also check out the BOC Library.:0a25::0a25::0a18:

17. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Welcome to BOC.

18. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Shawn. You're gonna love it hear.

19. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC Shawn. You'll find everything possible about catfishing you could ever dream about and some really far out stuff also. We would also like to hear from you also, maybe you can teach us some new tricks.
    Later Andy

20. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    STill waiting on info like river or lake, bank or boat etc. etc. there is differnt technics for different situation:wink: