New Member needing help Please!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Mammothlakes, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Mammothlakes

Mammothlakes New Member

State:
    California
    I just bought a pontoon boat, and was taking the family out next weekend to catch some cats, any ideas of where i can go? Id like to fish all night, does san vincente have all night fishing? Id appeciate all help Thanks alot:) Btw I live In Mammoth but willing to travel!

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    WELCOME!! ( no idea of a place for ya to go sorry) :)

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome bro!!!! I take it you are so cal right? Members will be popping their heads in soon. I am in Fresno (Central Cal). You will find a ton of info on here. Having a geathering on the Colorado in few weeks. Check it out.

4. Mammothlakes

Mammothlakes New Member

State:
    California
    Used to fly fish for cats in Toledo, Great fun.........Nice to meet you

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Dave, Welcome to the best catfishing site on the net! I'm in tennessee,and don't know your area, but someone will come along with the info you need .

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Big Dave welcome to the BOC, there's alot of great info here and we have some members from California, I hope they can help you out with what you need.
    :) :) :)

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.
    I'm a little confused about where you are wanting to fish.Are you in Mammoth Lakes Northern Cal?The San Vincente Reservois I know of is San Diego,and it is sunrise to sunset fishing but I'm not sure if that's where you are talking about.
    I live in Missouri but I've spent quite a bit of time out that way.California is a pretty big area so let us know what area you are wanting to fish and I might know a spot or two to fish but I'm confused easily (LOL!!) and I'm not sure if your talking Northern or Southern Cal.

8. Mammothlakes

Mammothlakes New Member

State:
    California
    Doesnt matter north or south, Im just excited to go fishing. I was thinking isabella, perhaps, or pine flats, I really wanna fish all night. I have fished Shasta and caught monsters, but now I have a family and wanna teach them.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Big Dave,
    I fish Pineflat for trout. Hear their are cats. Never focused on em. Now Isabella I have seen and heard of very big channels coming out of there. Like I said I am in the Fresno area. I seen toons on the Mendota slough. How big is yours? I seen a pretty big one last years when I took my boat out. Any info locally here in Central California, I be glad to help brother;)

10. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
  11. Mammothlakes

Mammothlakes New Member

State:
    California
    I have a 2006 20 ft Bassbuggy Pontoon boat with a modified 100 gallon tank 60 hp bigfoot fourstroke, garmin 250c gps fishfinder , motorguide wireless trolling motor. and lots of great gear.

12. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Welcome to the B.O.C.!
    I was looking at the distances from Mammoth lakes to anywhere! I didnt know it was possible to be in Calif and still be 6 hours from Los Angeles and 6 hours from San Francisco and still be in the same state! Yet it's only a hundred miles from Yosemite Valley! I think I am lost! LOL!
    Bakersfield 4.5 hours 260 miles
    Death Valley 4 hours 214 miles
    Fresno (winter) 6.5 hours 357 miles
    Fresno (summer) 4.5 hours 200 miles
    Las Vegas, NV 5.5 hours 377 miles
    Los Angeles 5.5 hours 325 miles
    Orange County 6 hours 363 miles
    Reno, NV 3 hours 164 miles
    Sacramento 5 hours 290 miles
    Santa Barbara 6.5 hours 385 miles
    San Bernardino 5 hours 290 miles
    San Diego 7.5 hours 400 miles
    San Francisco (winter) 7 hours 360 miles
    San Francisco (summer) 6 hours 300 miles
    Yosemite Valley
    (Eastern route closed in winter) 2.5 hours 100 miles

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sounds like you got the hook up. Sounds awesome bro. When you get a chance, post some pics. Love to see ther. Bet she is a dandy;)

14. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Welcome Home! Man you said Shasta, yes sir. A few years back we rented a houseboat and fished that monster hard. We caught fish every day, got lost once too. Where ever you go I hope you have the time of your life!
    Don

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.