New member, need some advice

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Afish8, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Afish8

Afish8 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Guys, I'm a new member and need some advice. I'm going to have a few days off work next thursday, friday, and saturday. Just wondering what the best small lake around central kentucky is to catch some big cats and do some camping? Thanks for the advice guys, love the web site!

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome aboard Adam. The only thing I know about Kentucky is stay away from a fella called JW! LOL! You'll pick up on this dig as ya spend some time with us. LOL!

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Adam welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!

5. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    what part of central ky do you live im from winchester 16 miles east of lexington if you are close by let me know i might be able to help a little (and oh yea welcome aboard)

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You'll have to grab hold of some Kentuckians for advice on where to fish as all I can do is welcome you to the BOC... Your former life will be just a memory...:lol:

7. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome abord Adam and good fishing

8. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The best bet for all around channels, flatheads & blues as well as good camping would be Taylorsville lake. The lake is full of shad so take a cast net! Good luck & report back..Abu65 Oh yea, welcome aboard!

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, Adam.

10. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    where is the best place to go at taylorsville lake. we tried last wed. but no luck.put in at chowning lane . any info would be helpful and thanks alot. Darryl

11. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Adam welcome to BOC

12. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We always put in at vanburen boat ramp, thats the one furthest away from the dam. We would mainly target the shoreline around brush ect. There was also a drop off that we would fish often about 30 or 40 feet off the bank, but I cant even begin to tell you how to find it, its been a few years I now mainly target the Ohio river & do alot of tournament fishing over there. Fish are probably still on the nest now in the lakes they may be coming off soon though. But like I said its been awhile.

13. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    its good to see more kentucky folks on the boards now adays. sorry bud but idk any small lakes in central ky.

14. cornbreadnky

cornbreadnky New Member

State:
    Elizabethtown, Kentucky
    well adam welcome to the BOC and you might try taylorsville lake. it has alot of channels and blues in it.. welcome again and good luck

15. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Welcome to the BOC.

16. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Welcome Adam from another new guy. This site is the Library of Congress for Catfish!