New member - MoFlats

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by moflats, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Man what a great site! Wish I'd known about it years ago. Can hardly wait to get back to Missouri again for
    it's big Flatheads.

Thanks to all. MoFlats

2. osage

osage New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC!

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    to the BOC Family MoFlats and Osage,please get you picture posted as early as possible,get 10 posts made so as to be able to see attachments of other members and also you can send in $10.00 to Paul Louderback aka CatfishCommando and you each will become star members. This means you each will have a gold star under your picture. The stars are $10.00 a piece and you can get a maximum of 6.The Gatherings we have are just awesome and garentee once you go to one you will want to go to more.Welcome to our site guys.Be warned it's addictive and best site on the web.I live in Missouri,proud to be here and proud you both joined---------Sister Pat:big_smile:

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Another Missouri welcome to the BOC brothers!!

5. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
  6. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Welcome to the BOC. A great place to meet retired chicks and learn about scrap booking!

(Wait, maybe I am thinking about the BOCC - the Buffalo Osteoperosis Community Center)

Anyhow, welcome to the BOC (Brotherhood of Catfishermen). But, if you came to see pictures or our grandchildren and to eat Archway Windmill cookies that we bought with a check, I dont think we will be very helpful on that.

CP

7. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome moflats. New here myself. What part of the show me state you from? Are you movin' back or just visit once in awhile? Me still living in my hometown of Winfield just 3-4 miles from the mighty Mississippi.:smile2:

8. Piper: I be from the more South central part of state. I'm back about every year for fishing and or deer season.
    Heck, I'd move back to MO if someone could teach me how to keep da chiggers off me. MoFlats

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I remember getting chiggers real bad one year and went to town to get something, anything to relieve them...
    So here I am standing in line, going to ask the pharmacist what to use and this old man standing by me says son if you want to kill them just get a bottle of liquid HEET. The stuff you put on sore joints and pains.

Ok, no problem so home I go with my bottle of Heet. Now when you apply this it burns, but its working so it's all good. Well at least it was until I managed to get some on me in a place I can't mention on here....

Ice cubes are of no help at that point, believe me....:eek:oooh:
    Dam that crazy old man............

10. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

11. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to BOC. from Arkansas

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jarvis Welcome to the BOC.:lol::big_smile:

14. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    welcome to the BOC Jarvis, glad to have another member.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Jarvis! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you :0a16:!

Can't tell ya how to keep chiggers OFF of ya, but here's what you do AFTER they've infested your skin. Run a big bathtub full of lukewarm/cool water with a cup of bleach thrown in there. Get in, and soak for a while. It'll kill 'em all off, no more itching. Works for mange mites too.....keep an eye on those dogs people. Lovin' up on puppies might get ya into trouble!!!

16. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    welcome to the boc from sc:big_smile:

17. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    OK, not to change the subject but... GAAAA! What the heck did you say can get under your skin? Are you all joking around here, or is there a creature in Missouri that can live in your skin???

Please tell me this is a joke, or that it is rare (like a bot fly) that one has to travel all the way to Panama, or Costa Rica, or Little Rock, Arkansas to catch this.

Just reading this made me feel itchy. More info please.

CP

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Chris......YES, they get in there and can live for quite a while under your skin, causing some major itching and discomfort. You mean to tell me that you've never had CHIGGERS? And you don't have to travel anywhere (other than my area of NC) for bot flies either, one of my canines had one lay an egg? in his skin. They like to infest open places, such as a sore or wound of some sort.

19. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    OK, so I google "Chiggars". They are gross, very gross. Hairy bugs that can't be seen and eat skin. It is like the trifecta of grossness. I wish I never learned this. I am totally grossed out.

I accedently saw a picture of chiggar bites on a guys stomach, and had to vomit into my own eyes just to look away. It was horrific.

My whole skin is itchy now even through I have not been outside since Friday. I am goign to take a 134 degree shower and use bleach and dishwasher soap just in case I have chiggars on me right now.

creeeeeeeepy chigggggggaaaaaarrrsssss! Eeeecht!

CP

20. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    hey welcome to the BOC hope you have a great time on the site!:tounge_out: