New member in Owensboro needs advice!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by KYfarmer, Jun 23, 2006.

1. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Hi guys, I'm glad I found this site, learned more in 2 days than I have in 33 years.
    I live in Owensboro and just started river fishing, and I'm not doing that well, about 1 fish per trip so far. I have a boat fish finder gps rods reels just not alot of know how on these catfish.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC. I am sure there will be some local members on soon that can answer your questions and give you advice about your area.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I too welcome you to the family Marty. While you are waiting for local help why not check the library or local KY threads.

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    KYfarmer:

Welcome to the BOC, I live just down the road from you here in Henderson any time you want to get together just shoot me a PM would be glad to take you out on the big river..

5. claycntyjoe

claycntyjoe New Member

State:
    Northern Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC. Always glad to see new members from KY.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Marty, welcome to the BOC, there are a lot of members from Ky and Ind. that fish the Ohio river near you. A lot of big blues (75,65, several 30 pounders have been caught just down river from Owensboro. Good luck.

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!:big_smile:

8. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    welcome to boc. theres alot of kind and knowledgeable people on this site that can answer just about anything:big_smile:

9. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Welcome to the site! You just got invited to fish with the legendary DH. You'd best take him up on that offer. The man knows how to catch fish. He does have some strange quirks though. He likes to wear pink lacy frilly things and the last time we fished together he made me paddle him many many times.... clear across the river. What are you willing to do to catch a big catfish?!?! :big_smile:

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC Marty!!!

Hey Marty, DH and I both live here in Henderson. I also will have a seat for you in my boat if you would like to go wet a line sometime.
    PS, He doesn't really wear PINK, LOL!!! At least not where you can see it, LMAO!!!

11. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You probably are out fishing with DH now. If not you should be. There will be alot to learn not just about fishing but safety on the Big O as well! The fishing has been a little slow the past couple of weeks so hang in there. We've been catching some smaller fish in shallow water but the big ones should be out and about soon. Good Luck & welcome aboard...Abu65

12. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Welcome Marty... isnt Owensboro close to North Ky? like near the river?

13. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks all for the replies! Like I said earlier this site is top notch. DH and Dreadnaught you should be getting a PM as soon as I have my required 10 posts! It would be an honor to fish with you guys! I have to go to the boat races with the pleasure boat Sunday, after I lock throught the dam I might have to spend a little trying to hook a cat! Nothing like watching girls in bikinis realing up big fish!! Oh yeah Catmanofohio, Owensboro is west KY about 25 miles east of Henderson.
    Thanks again guys and good fishing!

Marty

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Marty I shot you a P.M.

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    always good to see another ky member good lusk marty and welcome aboard