New Member in Ohio.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Jammer, May 13, 2006.

1. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, I joined a couple months ago and thought it time to introduce myself. My name is Jerry, and I live in North central Ohio. I have a small boat and fish any time I get a chance. I mostly fish for channel cats at Clearfork res., Charles Mill, Kokosing, Alum Creek, Hoover and Deleware. A couple times a year I try to get down to the
    Muskingum or Ohio River for Flatheads, but, my largest flathead is 12 inches.
    My wife likes to fish as well, but , the weather has to be perfect. So I usually go with at least one of my three kids or a Brother-in-law. I usually combo-fish, Crappie or gills til dusk then catfish until I can't stand the others whining anymore.. Wimps..
    Can anyone tell me a good place to take the boat, camp and fish around Marietta or Portmouth? Has to have a shower or the wife won't go.
    On a personal note, I work in a Steel Mill, Nucor Steel Marion OH. Swing shift, Ugh!! But it gives me days off in the week. Great for beating the crowds. I attend church when I'm off work. wife and three kids. Kids? two 18 year olds, Boy and Girl, and 11 year old. He can screw around more than any kid I know and still catch the biggest fish!
    Well, this is a great group and I look forward to this year, lets go drown some worms...:smile2:

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome Jammer! I sat back and watched for a while after I signed up too. I eventually realized that I need to start getting active to teach these fools how to fish. :tounge_out:

Really though, there are a lot of very knowledgable people here, as you probably know. Feel free to share some of yours with us.

3. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC. Not from your area so can not help you out there but I know there are a lot on here that can help you.

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    welcome aboard jammer. you will love this site and the BOC members.

5. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Welcome Jammer, you will get adicted to this place and the people here.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Welcome to the site!! Good to see more people from Ohio. I'm over in Pataskala, when you want to go out and fish drop me a line. I'm off on Weds. and Thurs. and fish the same waters as you.

7. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC, Jammer.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC

9. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Jammer

:0a25:

Nice to have you aboard!!

Not sure what you mean by small boat but here goes. Forked Run State Park &
    theres a place on the Ohio River on the north side JUST passed the big bend in the river. Just down stream of Long Bottom, Ohio IF ya what some nice Flatheads!! Go to "Mapquest and you will see it.

10. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee

Thanks for the info. And Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I have a 14' fiberglass w/6hp motor. It's not good for shallows, I hope to get a cheap Jon boat soon.

11. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Welcome to BOC Jammer

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  13. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Desperado;
    Thanks for the invite. What part of Hoover do you Bowfish? I've never tried it but, I do have an old Compound bow. Sounds interesting. I have seen huge schools of carp in Kokosing, all swimming around in a big circle. Most were about a foot long but some were larger. I didn't see any huge ones. I'm still working on my boat, needs some deck repair.

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC Jammer, always nice to have another new member. Especially one from Ohio.

15. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    welcome to the BOC.I havent been a member for very long.And I dont know your waters there where you are at.But I just moved to Cincinnati and haveing trouble finding where to even launch a boat in the Ohio.We just moved from Clarksville Tn.Enjoy all the info here on BOC:0a17:

16. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Welcome aboard Jammer! We have a lot of very Experienced fishermen from ohio here on the BOC... ever need anything just post on here... im sure someone will post back... once again WELCOME!!!

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Jerry. I fish the muskingum weekly, mostly between MCconnelsville and the Zanesville area. All I fish for is bait and flatheads LOL. Always meant to take a trip down to Marrietta but so far haven't made it.

18. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Welcome, although you have been a member longer than me. lol But, i'm trying to make new fishin buddies. All my buds dont fish...except for one....Scott...and his son Cole. When i go fishin with them...i spend half of my time fixing there rods and snags and backlashes. I really don't get a whole lot of fishin done with them....but....i guess i'm helpin a future fisherman!

19. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Welcome Jammer...we need more buckeyes on BOC...spread the word.

20. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    this place is adicting I just joined I love to see so many fellow catters
    I thought I was a dying bread. GOOD to hear were alive and strongh!!!!!!!
    LONG LIVE THE CATFISH DEATH TO ALL ESLE!
    (aslong as there in my frying pan) LOL :big_smile_2: