New Member Here

Discussion in 'LOCAL COLORADO TALK' started by Parasite, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    Hey there, I'm a new member from Northern Colorado. I fish mainly in Loveland, Berthoud and Longmont for cats but I like to hit places around the state every once in a while. I have a cast net and catch my own bait but can't seem to get more than 5-10 on a cast. I've heard good things about the Big Thompson Ponds and I was wondering what pond is the best to fish/ catch bait at and what time do the shad normally run there?
    Basically I like to fish for Catfish, Carp and Pike but I fish for all other species too. My cat rigs are a 7ft ugly stik cat rod spooled with 20 lb cajun. My other rod is a 7ft MH ugly stik custom spooled with 50 lb suffix braid. Both sport BPS catmaxx spinning reels. Then i use a 24 inch mono 30-50lb leader with a large swivel, bead and 3 0z no roll sinker.
    I fish many bodys of water like: Lake Loveland, Lon Hagler, Lonetree. N. Sterling Res, Jayhawker, Boyd lake, Stearns lake (bad do to over-fishing) and several others. Thanks guys and I hope to be an active member on the forum.

2. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Welcome to the BOC. You will like it here.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jake.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    A Big Ol Iowa welcome to The BOC Jake.We are Glad You have Joined Us It's the GREATEST Site on the Web!!!! Bar NONE. If there is anything we can Help You with just ask OK. Your New Friend.
    J.D.
    :big_smile_2::big_smile_2::0a25::0a25::happy::cat::0a20::0a17::0a18::0a14::byebye:

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you love to fish ! You are definetely in the right place now. Welcome to the BOC brother.

6. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Welcome to the BOC. Lots of good info. here.

7. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas.

8. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jake, Welcome to the BOC/SOC:cool2:. Don't know anything about your area, maybe someone will be along that can help. Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there. Also check out the River and lake threads for your state, you might pick up some info there also.

10. fishinbuds_co_chris

fishinbuds_co_chris New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  11. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Welcome to the BOC. I'm sure you will love it here.

12. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Welcome to BOC.

13. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate it. There is one thing that I don't understand. If this website is catfish1 why is it the brotherhood of catfisherman? I know there is a different BOC website. :confused2:
    What is the difference? I'm so confused.:big_smile::big_smile::embarassed:

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    It is one and the same, sort of:eek:oooh::smile2:. This is the new board and the other one is the old board.

15. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    Hey thanks, I was so confused.:smile2:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jake Welcome To The BOC. I look forward to your input.

17. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    hi jake, welcome, i too am new here, i am also somewhat new to catfishin'.... bein my neighbor i was hopin you might be able to give me a little advise on pullin cats through the ice ... ??? thanks christian

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Welcome Jake to the best catfishing site in the world.
    I used to live in Longmont and I've fished all over up there but as far as I know Big Thompson ponds don't have any catfish in it. Not many places up there have catfish unless it was stocked. The State Park at I-25 has some cats in it but not anything real big. The only other place close to there that I know is my grandfathers ponds in the foothills of Boulder and he has it stocked with channel cats. If you want to catch some nice rainbows, go to Estes Park. If you go up that way go through Lyons and stop by the giant cowboy and feed the giant rainbows there. I have another thread that is in the Colorado talk forum with pics of the giant trout.
    :wink:

19. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    welcome aboard Jake

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jake.