NEW MEMBER HERE

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Kelly G, May 20, 2009.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G New Member

State:
    South Carolina, Conway
    I am new to cat fishing and I am going to moultrie with some friends for the weekend . Just looking for some tips on catching these critters. What type of areas do you fish for them in day? night? Type of baits? Drift or anchor? Water depth? and any other advise you can give me would surely be appreciated as you can see I know nothing . Thanks

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to the boc!

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    "he who knows that he knows nothing is well on his way to learning most everything"...something like that ...anyhow...lol, Welcome to the BOC! You are in the right place for info on this fine hobby of catfishing! What to use, when and where will depend greatly on what type of catfish you are hoping to catch. there is a lot of great info here on the various types of cats....read up and good luck out there!

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC..............Fun here

Danny

5. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Kelly, Welcome to the BOC from Texas.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC kelly.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to our world, Kelly. If you read through the posts on this forum you will find tons of info. If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to post them; someone will have an answer. I hope you enjoy your time here.

8. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Welcome to the BOC.

9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    If you are staying at one of the camps go to the owner or the front desk etc and they will generally give you good scoop.Most all sell the basic rigs and proper baits.If you can afford it, a lifetime of info can be had for the price of a guide trip.Split among 3-4 people the cost is reasonable.You can find out a lot by being in the restuarant at 0600 because everyone will be talking about the fishing.:smile2::wink:Whether you can believe them or not is debatable!!!:tounge_out::smile2::big_smile:

11. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  12. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Welcome to the BOC...alot of great info on here...read up and go catch a cat...

13. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC! I cant help with your question but Im sure someone here can.

14. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Welcome to the BOC Kelly, from central Illinois. Let us know how ya do.

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Kelly.

16. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    :0a25:Welcome to the BOC Kelly

17. whiskersister

whiskersister New Member

State:
    Anderson
    Welcome to the BOC, Kelly. You will love catfishing........:roll_eyes:

18. Shockwav

Shockwav New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

19. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Kelly, I'm going to try to answer your questions as best as I can. I just got back from Santee this past Sunday and believe me, we fished ALL OVER that place....Both lakes, diversional canal, rediversional canal, Tailrace, Santee River.....You name it, we fished it. We found that stinkbait (Sonny's Super Sticky blood bait(everybody's secret bait)) produced most of the channels we caught. All of the blues were hung on cut bait (herring), and all of the flatheads were caught on live bait. We drifted most of the time, but did some anchoring too. All fish were found and caught in 3ft to 20ft of water. Just remember, the upper lake (Marion) is one big stump field. You can pretty much count on getting hung up about 50% of the time. The lower lake (Moultrie) had some pretty decent bottom with a little structure dotted here and there. We fished during the day and at night. The trick is to find the fish and throw bait at them until you figure out what they want to eat that day.

Hope all this information helps!

20. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina