New member here introducing myself

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by huntsfromtree, Feb 20, 2007.

1. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    Ill start by saying I love this forum. Seems to have great, and knowledgable members. My names Jeff and live in Missouri and mostly fish the Mighty Mo. around columbia and KC chasing blues and flats. Now for a few questions how do I put a pic in my aviator?(I cant seem to figure out how to resize it) 2. Whats the thanks, thanked, reputation, and gold coins about? I am member of a lot of hunting forums and have never seen this before. Thanks and Good fishin to all!

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    welcome to boc.....im sure you will enjoy and get lots of helpful info here.......good luck out there

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC enjoy but be careful it is addictive!

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff. Good to see another Mo. brother. I fish the big muddy as often as possible too.

For the avatar pic, just go to edit avatar, click on custom avatar, punch the browse button, browse your photo files, open it, then download it. As for resizing, I'm a computer idiot, but what I do is open the file with my photo editor, resize it to 500x400 pixels, rename it and save it.

You get 2 gold coins for starting a new thread, and 1 gold coin for a reply to a thread. You can donate your coins to people, or use them in certain contests.(I think)

Thanks are for posts that you agree with, find funny, something useful, or whatever. Thanks, and thanked are recorded whenever you give or recieve them.

Reputation is like a thank you, but you can add a comment, and it's added to that member's reputation. If you read something that you find particularly helpful or whatever, don't be affraid to give some reps. It's all in the name of fun.

Have fun here at the BOC.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jeff! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you :smile2:!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Welcome to the site and heres 50 gold coins to help get you started.

8. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    Thanks guys, agian this site is awsome..some great info, and kind folks here. I will try gettin my avatar pic but i honestly suck at computer stuff. Good fishin to all.

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    welcome to the BOC Jeff,

10. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    Catgirl, Catfishjohn, and Tim Hagan, thanks for the welcome. Ya'all plus any BOC members are welcome in my boat anytime. I am a member of a lot of forums (mostly huntin & Jeep) and you all are by far the most welcoming. Good fishin

11. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to the BOC!!!:cool2:

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff!!

13. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Welcome to the BOC jeff.:cool2:

14. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    welcome to the BOC lots of good people an friends here so jump on in an have a good time

Bill

15. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Jeff... your existance has just been forever altered...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can tell a child is growing up when he stops asking where he came from and starts refusing to tell where he is going.

16. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome aboard, Jeff :006:

You'll catch on to all the computer-y stuff in no time... just enjoy readin and postin!

17. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC!

If you have any difficulties with your avatar, send me a PM asking for my email address and you can send me you pic. I will make sure it is ready to be uploaded for you avatar.

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would like to personally invite you to the Missouri Gathering at Truman Lake in May on the 18,19 and 20Th. All Boc Members are welcome to attend and we'd be most honored if you'd say yes! Please say you will come! Tons of food friends and grand times!:big_smile:

19. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    This forum is incredible, cant believe the welcome I've got so far. The bowhuntin and Jeepin forums I USED to frequent are harsh and include stupid debates while the BOC is the botherhood in which everyone gets along, even including the circle vr khale crowdes. Good fishin to all, even the circle users (just joking). Good luck to all BOC members. Hope you all catch your PB this year.

20. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    welcome brother!! seeing as you love to hunt and fish as much as a lot of us i suggest you check out the hunting forums on here, youll like it! lots of helpful info n such