New Member (Daviess/Monroe county)

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by bkhollan, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Hey I currently live in Bloomington for the school year (originally from Washington, Indiana). I am 21 years old, and I have been fishing basically local lakes for bass and Prairie Creek for whatever will bite on worms since I was around 5-6. I tried last year some to try to catch a big flathead or blue, but to no avail. I caught some 10+ lb channels tho. Does anyone fish the White River around the Petersburg/Washington area or Lake Monroe? I'd be more than happy to find someone to fish with around these areas pretty much year round.

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I live down in Floyd and fish the Ohio alot when it ain't flooded.

3. Beehunter

Beehunter New Member

State:
    Goosepond Marsh, Indiana
    I live in Greene county, never really fished Monroe much but always have intentions of fishing it.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Brandon, welcome from Missouri. Good luck hookin up with somebody, lots of good folks here and tons of information.

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    welcome to the boc

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
  7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Brandon.

8. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Brandon! I usually fish
    Eagle Creek up here in Indy. But I'll give a
    holler if I get down your way.

9. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Hey man, I just graduated from IU and was lucky enough to have my boat up there for several years. We went out on Monroe several times a week. There are alot of nice fish in there. We mainly crappie fished but we did fish for the flatheads too, we caught some decent ones around 25 pounds but nothing like I catch on the Ohio.

The crappie fishing is excellent on Monroe. Alot of them will run small but you can get into nice ones. Good eaters too. Before I had my boat up there, and sometimes after, we would do bank fishing. My favorite spot is down at cutright. Go down 446 to the causeway and right after it turn left. Take that all the way back past the ramp. There is a private marina back there. They have some excellent docks and if you stop and ask they usually let you fish when they are not open. We have caught some real big crappie, over 14 inches, from those docks and they will be turning on soon. I have heard the lake is up pretty high though. We use jigs or minnows.

If you can get ahold of a boat the walleye fishing is under utilized and really nice. We catch alot of fish in the 2-4 pound range. We mainly troll crankbaits along ledges out on the main lake.

I still get up there pretty often. I will be up in 2 weeks for Little 5, but I cant see getting on the water on the number one party weekend in college :) It looks like I am gonna get 4-5 days off here in about a month and I am planning on coming up and bringing my boat. I would be more than happy to take you out and show you around the lake.

welcome to the BOC!

10. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Thanks for all the information about Monroe SkiMax. If you ever make it up here to go fishing I'd be more than happy to go and find some good spots on the lake. I won't be fishing during Little 5 either.

11. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    :big_smile:
    welcome to boc:cool2:

12. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Brandon, Welcome to the BOC.

BIGCAT GarryEads

13. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome Brandon from Indianapolis!!! I fish Monroe & White River several times a year. In Monroe try fishing down trees and rock piles near shallow flats. Use live bluegills, crappie, or any other sunfish. The bigger the bait the better. Fish them on the botton or on floats. There are some Flatheads and Blues up to and over 50# in that lake. There all over the lake, but in the spring try fishing near feeder creeks, thats where they spawn. In the summer heat try deeper dropoff ledges, they stay there in the day for cooler water then come shallow at nite. Near weed beds is also a good place to find them. Good luck, there out there. :0a25::0a23:

14. Rachel1angel

Rachel1angel New Member

State:
    Gainesville, FL
    Howdy!:wink:
    Welcome aboard ! I know you'll love it here!:big_smile:
    ~Joann

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the BOC Brandon.. You will find out real soon how great this place is... Always feel free to ask.... someone always has the answer

16. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Brandon

17. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The Ohio River is a great place to fish theres alot of nice cats in there

18. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    yes as soon as the river gets back to normal ... look out that river will be on fire with monster cats

19. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    welcome you will love this site.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the BOC. ><[[[[º>