New member/bank fishing locations? Please Help!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Jun 12, 2008.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Awesome site!! First question on the forums..I just recently moved to Licoln County (Troy area) and already frustrated with the locations to fish..I have tried most of the conservation locations,and the Winfield river access and have not caught a single cat this year yet. I am going to go Saturday evening to my one last hope..

Here is my question:

Anyone know of some good bank river access fishing? One that allows all night fishing? Doesn't even have to be the river..I just want to catch a big cat!! (10lber would make my year!) Never caught anything over 5lbs..

This site has been so educational..I appreciate all the time and effort you guys put into it!

Tim G

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Tim. I cant help you on the bank fishing. I dont know the area you are in. But Someone on here will be able to help you. This site has one great bunch and knolageble guys on it. Good luck this weekend and let us know how you did.

Tom

3. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Welcome to the site Tim, glad to have ya..you'll like it here. I'm sure someone will be along soon to fill you in on some good bank spots.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC from KY!!!:cool2::big_smile:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Tim. I'm on the wrong side of the stste to help you too. Good luck on that 10#er!!

6. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Welcome to the BOC. You could try th Mark Twain lake dam. I would wait till the water settles down unless fast current doesn't bother you from the shore. Late summer is pretty good for bank fishing. Winfield is usally hit or miss. Usally miss. I have never caught a cat there when the water was this high. I have caught a couple there about 10# but all usally came summer time or later. The water will really drop there when the water is low and not worth fishing then.

7. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mark Twain Lake a pretty good spot? I thought about heading up there in the future.. Can you fish over night there at the dam?

Thanks again for everyone's responses and welcomes!!

8. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    You can fish there at night. There is also a re-regulation dam downstream.

9. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any chance you could direct me where to go to get to the damn? I have never been to the lake..The lake on the map looks huge! Is the damn called cannon dam? I see that on the map..

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Tim, Fishing has been tough this spring. There are a few places to access the river in Lincoln County. I suspect you'd have better luck at night but the river is up so high that will limit it further. I never did too good from the bank around here and thats why I bought a boat. best move I ever made.

Good luck!

11. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I am wrastlin' the wife on that one right now..But I am getting there..She thinks I should buy one of those blow up rafts to fish out of(sarcasm)..You know how it is..But I am working on it..I guess I am gonna try Mark Twain dam this weekend..

12. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    It is the Cannon dam. They have signs that will point you to it. Just head to Perry, Mo. A good site to go to is cannondam.com The bait shops have free maps of the area and they are pretty good showing you around the lake. Also, don't go speeding through Curryville on your way up there. The cop loves puilling people over for just about anything.

13. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri

I found all the info I think I need..Maybe I will spend half my time at the re-regulation dam,and the other half at the damn..Anyone ever have any luck at Truman dam?

14. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Tim and welcome to Lincoln County. There’s several Conservation areas that provide river access as well as all night fishing within an hours drive. Presently, most all bank spots on the rivers are under water so I would try the points and coves next to the boat ramps at Mark Twain Lake. The spawn is starting all around so catfishing will be slow for the next month. For river access when the water recedes close by is the Foley ramp, Norton Woods ramp and the Hamburg ramp out of Elsberry. These public accesses have good bank spots, then going down river there’s the Cuivre Island access. On the Missouri there’s the Weldon Springs access and the Columbia Bottoms access, best bet for larger fish while bank fishing to me would be the wing dikes off of Columbia Bottoms. Right now all the wing dikes have about 15 ft. of water above them, so if got the itch and just have to get out there then Mark Twain lake is where I would go. Good Luck Tim, welcome again to the BOC and keep us informed with fishing reports so we can all learn by each of us sharing.

15. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri

Thanks for the heads up!! I appreciate that..I am a cdl driver,so I always take it pretty easy anywhere I go..But thanks again!!

16. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Just like Skipeye the bank never really pays off on the Mississippi. Just expect to get skunked on your first time out on the boat.

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    What part of missouri are you in Tim? How far are you from St. Louis? The water pretty high just about everywhere, But my brother been going bank fishing all week. He's getting alot of cats in the 5-10lb range fishing flooded creeks, and boat ramps.

18. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am actually in Troy Mo..About an hour or so west of Louie out highway 70..Pleasure to meet ya!!

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Tim just hang in there. By my boat being down Im tied to the bank also:sad2:
    But there are some good spot around here. This high water is pushing us around. I'll give it about another month or so and see what it does.

20. catmantony

catmantony New Member

State:
    Troy,Mo
    Tim there are some good bank spots in lincoln co. i usually have some good luck down at b.k. leach it's down on 79 right outside of elseberry