New member-advice for good catfishing around surry,yadkin and wilkes county

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by superappman, Jul 5, 2007.

1. superappman

superappman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    New to the forum, been fishing in some in the yadkin river, does anyone know of a good site near surry,yadkin,wilkes county to catfish.
    Has anyone ever tried Salem lake?

Thanks

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to BOC. from Arkansas.

3. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    W. Kerr Scott Lake

Either in the lake o below it in the spillway. The spillway is small but holds a good number of decent channel cats. Cut bream works real well. Get in a position to thrown right next to either wall or throw as far up in the chute as possible. They also like chicken liver and so do the Hybrids and White Bass. I caught a lot of huge White Bass there as well as big hybrids and 7-15 pound Channel cats. You can walk around the spillway and downstram until you can't go further and fish that spot at night. Big muskies in there at night as well. Use cut shad or bream and live bream. That is a great spot.

In the lake, try all the traditional areas, points, flats channels, with cut shad. That lake is just full of really nice 2-8 pound Channel cats with a few giant ones approaching 20 pounds. Those really big ones are usually caught with live Bream.

I lived in Wilkes County for 6 years and fished there 4-6 times a week. Have to say I don't miss it though....too far from the ocean for me.........

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25::0a22:Richard Welcome to the BOC.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Richard! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family buddy. We're glad to have you :big_smile:. I don't fish that area too much, but I'm sure some of the fellers will chime in here, as greggofish did, and help you out!

6. TriadTroller

TriadTroller New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem, NC area
    I have fished Salem Lake a couple of times, but haven't had much success there. From what I here, there are quite a few 1-2 lb. channels, but they must have been hiding when I was there :confused2:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Richard.

8. catfishinboya

catfishinboya New Member

State:
    north carolina
    WELCOME TO THE BOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh::smile2::big_smile::smile2::smile2::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::smile2: