New Member, 1st Post

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jake19, Jan 15, 2008.

1. jake19

jake19 New Member

State:
    Cuba, Missouri
    Hi All

This is my first post, hope to get the hang of it soon. I'm a retired Submarine sailor 22yrs and have just moved to Missouri from Colorado were all I did was Flyfish for trout. Now I'm pursuing Catfishing, quite a transition, but from the time I found this forum I've learned a lot and hope to catch up with you guys with yor help.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jack. Where o you live in Mo?

3. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Welcome to the BOC from southwest Missouri. You will spend a lot of sleepless nights on here but its all worth it.lol

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Jack...
    You have just altered your future...:smile2:

5. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome to the BOC Jack.

Get a big cushion for your computer chair. :big_smile:

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC JacK! Good to have you aboard.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ain't it nice Jake. They are under the water and now you ain't. Always had a good impression of anybody who could get in a boat that ran underwater. The two times I almost drowned I thought I saw your boat when I went under the second time in each case.

Enjoy it here. Don't let anybody scare ya, and don't believe everything ya hear. This place is like tea after church. You know church goers, they can put up a good impression anytime.

What's wrong with trout? Catfishin' is fun and exciting, but trouting is class.

Good luck, John.

8. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Welcome aboard Jack. You're going to love it here.
    The wealth of information on here should keep you busy for awhile.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey Hey Hey, another Missouri member. Alright. Welcome aboard Jack.

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well welcome aboard the SS Catter brother!!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

I was born and raised in Montana and like you, the only fishing I did was flyfishing. Then in 2000, I moved here to the state of Missouri and met a guy at the gym who asked me if I liked to fish. Of course I said yes and well, 8 years later here I am with sooooooooooo much catfishing gear, a 20 foot SeaArk boat and not a day goes by that I'm thinking of catfishing or this damn website!!! :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

Just Kidding, this website is absolutely fantastic! I don't know where you are located within the state, but Missouri has alot of BOC members that are GREAT people. I have had the pleasure to meet alot of them over here in the St Louis area and am looking forward to meeting many many more. After all, this is like a support group for people with illnesses, only our illness is being addicted to catfishing! :wink:

Cuz, AKA John, has put together a wonderful new catfishing club called Gateway Catfishing Club. The clubs first meeting is January 26th '08. Check out the Gateway Cats section under Partners in Catfishing

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=458

Once again welcome to the BOC!!

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    welcome aboard jack. this site is full of great info. I have learned alot from these guys and gals. I'm sure you will to

Its great to have you :0a25:

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Welcome to the BOC Jack. I am sure you will enjoy the transition. Those MO folks catch some jumbos!

13. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    HEY JAKE,WELCOME TO THE BOC. I GOT ON HERE LOOKING FOR INFO ON WALLEYE FISHING.NOT MUCH LUCK BUT EVERYBODY WAS SO FRIENDLY SO I STAYED.I FISH THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER :wink:AND MARK TWAIN LAKE HARD.MOSTLY FOR BASS,WALLEYE,AND CRAPPIE.BUT WOULDNT MIND GOING AFTER THOSE BIG FLATHEADS.

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
  15. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Welcome to the BOC

You will meet alot of great people and if you can wade through the BSing you might even learn something.

16. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    You will learn more here than you can imagine. I especially like the "retired" part in your profile. Retired from working - more time for fishing.

17. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    like the others have said this place is addicting welcome aboard!!

18. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Welcome to the boc..:smile2:

19. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Welcome to the BOC from Ohio. I have folks over in Bunker MO, bought my boat at Cooks outside of St Looey and am an avid Cards Fan. So I guess you could say I got ties! lol!

Watch out for Cuz, cause he get's high for a living, and if you need legal help Marty KNOWS the MO. laws inside, out and upside down!

There's a guy named Tom who lives with his wife on Truman Lake that are just super people.... them chihuahua pups grown yet? The missus is an Excellent Crappie fisherperson.

Then there is that Gary Felkner guy from KC that drove a LONG way to fish with us Ohio boys when we visited.

All in all you are surrounded by a pretty good bunch of guys.

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Welcome Jake to the BOC, pull up a chair and chat awhile. :wink: