New Marker Buoys in the KC area

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I was out last week and noticed that the Corps has put out quite a few new (as in "never there before and not on any maps") marker buoys just below La Benite park.

It'd be exciting to find them for the first time in the middle of the night when you don't expect them to be there. So be careful if you're venturing into areas by night that you haven't seen by day!

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well...I found them. We went up river last night and caught some small fish then about dark we headed down river. Those bouys about gave me a heartattack, just about hit one. Then we sat there wondering if they had been there before. But anyway, caught some 4-8lb flatheads and really small blues.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I've marked all the new ones on my GPS - if anyone (really) wants the coordinates, I can get them...

Think I counted either 4 or 5 between La Benite and Missouri City; didn't go any further upstream so don't know what's around the bend...

4. talk2sampson

talk2sampson New Member

State:
    smithville mo
    They have placed em north of the 435 bridge as well. I about made stink bait in my pants when I just missed one over the weekend.