New Lowrance

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by jim, Jan 23, 2007.

1. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    In case you havent seen it yet check out the new Lowrance LCX 38 HD.Its a new screen size of 8-3/4inches full color and best of all 600X800 pixels.That is the same pixel count as the big 10inch LCX 113 HD which means the resolution on the smaller screen has to be eye popping.The new unit also fits better in smaller consoles.No surprise that it costs a lot :eek:oooh: Another great tool I have found can be found at www.dehooker4arc.com .These dehooke...lse give these a shot.Good fishing:big_smile:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, I saw that unit at a boat show, and it is nice. They had it hooked up on display. Like you said, though, it's kinda pricey, seems like about $1K, not certain. I looked at those bird sidefinders there too, and talked with the reps, but I'm still not convinced enough to buy one, unless I could afford to have it in addition to my lowrance. The transducer is a monster on those things, and according to the factory guy, you need a second transducer to read while underway. The one for the side imaging is only for slow speed, apparently. It is a pretty neat toy though.
    What I like most of all is the 111c dh, or maybe it's 113 now with that monster screen. You can read that baby from 6' away, no problem. :big_smile:

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Tommy I think the 38 is more like 1700$.I love that big screen also, but I am waiting for them to up the pixel counts.Same amount on the 8" screen as the 10" so better resolution on the smaller.They haven't updated the count since they brought it out so if we all E-Mail them and ask for more they will do it.Of course the down side is more pixels more dough$.:smile2: :big_smile: The sidefinder doesnt interest me at all because of the slow speed and you know how the boat rocks in the wind so its hard to keep that cone focused on the objects.WHen they make gyro stabilized transducers THEN I'll be interested.:big_smile:

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    BTW, Jim. I had a message for you from Steve Shipley: