New lost interest in fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by DELLIS, Jul 22, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i have gotten alot responses i have the following
    15 ft uglystick with a shakespere big water spin caster with baitrunner
    12 ft same set up
    10ft basspro catfish rod combo
    6ft bait net
    tons of hooks various sizes and weights no roll
    2 7ft catfish combos from wally world
    various small rods i use for bluegill
    2 3 rod rod holders
    5 or 6 hande made rod holders (rod iron)
    and 1 wife
    if still intrested pm me only local please i am in west chester do not want to ship anything unless you want to drive to west chester oh
    i was thinking 200.00 for all but may consider neg.

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    How much without the wife?

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Probably $300 maybe even a little more.

4. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    wife not for sale lol
    thought maybe if i needed a neg. tool

5. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    300 for it all.....pm me if ya really want to sell it

6. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    but I want the wife to or maybe trade yours for mine lol

7. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    ya nice deal but i dont have the money:lol:

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I think the real question shouldn't be how much, but rather why... whats going on brother?

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Man, I can't believe, for $300, you'd give up that kid's chances of learning to fish. He looks like he's old enough to learn. I bet he'd love to have that stuff a little later in life.:sad2:

10. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    you know I was sittin here thinkin about the offer I mad Im affraid I am gonna have to take back that offer of 300 .I dont wanna be apart of something you will regret later down the road the boys chances of useing it down the road sorry bud but I cant doit

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You can't let a few bad days at the fishing hole turn you against fishing brother!!! If we all did that no one would be fishing or on here. Keep your tackle and gear, and take a break for a while, but don't sell it (it will keep)!!!
    You may get the urge to take your kids fishing some day and teach them the finer things in life, like how to enjoy just being outdoors together making fond memories with their father. They will also learn that there is another world of things to enjoy besides video games and TV. These are important for children. This also will help them in the future, so many times people get caught up in their everyday lives that they seem to forget that nature is out there at all.
    Please pass these things down to your children.
    1. The exilaration of the catch.
    2. The anticipation of the bite.
    3. The sounds of bull frogs and other creatures.
    4. Sitting quietly on the bank and taking in all the natural things that life has to offer.
    5. And above all, sportsmanship.

12. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hang in there brother! If you'd like to hook up sometime give me a pm. Just don't give up, we all care and want to help. After all, that's what we're here for, to help one another. We're one big happy family here, just look at all your brothers and sisters on the site and any one of them would be willing to lend a hand. My hand is out, just reach and take hold brother!

13. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    all ihave to say is thanks guys it's not so much fishing ive lost intrested just can't find a decent spot

14. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    not sure how far away from columbus west chester is....but if I get this boat I am trying to find you can come out with me to a buddies hole....we can spend a few hours and catch as many as you desire man...good sized too. am hoping you don't get rid of gear because one of the saddest days of my life was when my grandpa got too old and part of my family held a garage sell of all his belongings he couldn't use anymore like fishing gear. Well the pole I learned on and the pole I wanted to teach my kid to fish with was gone forever...and it really was a sad day for me. I have been out this whole week and got skunked to the point I am questioning everybody on here to see what I am doing...bottom line is the spawn and a little off luck is all there is man. Hope we can hang some at one point.

Ben

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Let's face it folks, what we have here is a strong need to catch some fish!!! We all have it, it matters more to others than it does to some. Look at me, I have had a long dry spell and I still keep pluggin, LOL!!! Maybe I am a glutton for punishment or maybe I just enjoy the chase and being outdoors doing something I love.
    People tease and pressure folks into thinking that they have to catch fish. Well let me say this I don't really care what people think about how many fish I catch, nor do I really care how many they catch, it is supposed to be fun and that is what I try to do(have fun). So don't get caught up in this (got to beat the Jones's crap). Cause I am much happier just going and enjoying myself, Fish are just a bonus to me!!!

16. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Dan, hang in there, brother. I'm not familiar with Ohio fishing, but there are lots of folks on here from Ohio, so there has to be some good fishing somewhere close by. On the map I see a number of lakes, rivers, etc, and although I've never been there, it just seems like some of those waters would have potential. We all get down at times, but things always seem to get better over time, and I feel sure that will be your case too. I bet there's others in your area that would like to get out and fish with you, just have to locate some of them; maybe ask around at area tackle shops???
    Best of Luck to you.

17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah dont give up ,place an add in yer local paper but dont give up ,man theres got to be someone on here who can help this poor guy out

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't give up the ship brother sooner or later it will get better. get on the Ohio forum and do some checking. Got to be some good spots around you somewhere. If the fishin up there is like it is down here it stinks right now But i'm not giving up. Been going to places that I always go to but this year they just aren't bitting. Not yet anyway. Just don't give up ,I really think a lot of us are in the same boat (so to speak) with them not bitting but we don't give up. Hang in there if for nothing else the boy.

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Dan, I'm with the rest of the brothers, hang in there. Take a few days off and do something else besides fish. You've got a good arsenal of tackle and if you sell it off you will have to start over when you decide to start fishing again. We all need a change of scenery at times but the weather will cool off in a few weeks and you'll be ready to hit it again. Good luck and God bless Brother.

ST

20. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    If you live in ohio, you have thousands of great rivers to fish. Check out the ohio river forums. Since you have a 12ft pole, you have probably been going to $ ponds and attempting running hook sets, which is never a good thing.