New live bait rig

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TA2D, Jun 17, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here is a new live bait rig from Gamakatsu, looks like it could be great for blues and flats with big bait. You would probaly have to alter the rig for some bigger hooks and stouter line, but I think this would be great for shad, bluegil, chubs, small skipjacks, or anything else we use for bait. Check it out, I found it in "Sport Fishing" magazine it is a saltwater fishing mag.

http://www.gamakatsu.com/new_products/new_nosering.htm

here is another version of it

http://www.gamakatsu.com/new_products/new_nrtreble.htm

Aaron

TA2D

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

hey that rig looks good. kinda reminds me of a one pole fishfinder rig. thanks I'll have to tie one up (fishfinder) a try it out. I never new my saltwater trips would come in so handy for catfish.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Yeah I got the magazine from one of my wifes uncle, said he didn't even read it, has all sorts of great info for us catters!

Aaron

TA2D

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I never hought of the tube. good idea I'll have to give it a try. thanks.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    that seems pretty nifty. Hmmmm.......

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We got a bunch of views on this and nobody wants to add some feedback, maybe we could get one of our sponsors to get a few, and let us buy them and do some trials? Anyone who has experience with live bait could you give me some feedback on how you think this would work?

Aaron

TA2D

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats look like a saltwater rig.

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I saw those things on sale at the store.

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Looks like there's more toy's to buy.

10. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've seen those before and thought they would be excellent for trolling for Stripers, Hybrids and Sandies. I'm sure they would work well for drifting for Blue Cats also but they don't seem to be too picky in what they eat, live or dead whereas a Striper will hardly touch a dead bait.

11. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yea that looks like it's worth tryin,I'm allways lookin for new ways to rig big live bait for flatheads. nice job,rep points to ya.:eek:oooh:

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Brings up a good point that I have made before.Reading is the best way to learn things and I encourage everyone to read as much as possible.I get gift cards to Books-A -Million from my family and I read EVERY fishing magazine.Many GOOD ideas cross over easily such as this one.Many people don't like to read or find it an unpleasent chore so those of us that do should try and share what we find out as TA2D has done here.Rep points for the help.:smile2:

13. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Wow! I didn't think of it that way, but I like to think that there are ways that we have not tried, either because we don't know or we are scared to try(with some of the posts on here I find that hard to believe)

Aaron

TA2D