New license

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Dec 29, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Just a reminder that you will need your 2009 License by this Thursday 1/1/09.

2. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    got mine for christmas and so did the wife so were good to go :big_smile:

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    We are gettin ours this week and I am actually gonna get a 3 pole permit this time.:big_smile::cool2:

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Sent my application off on the 15th and got my license in the mail the 17th. I get free hunting and fishing for being in the National Guard.

5. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Thats a good deal Jay. I am glad that they do that.
    I have been contemplating a lifetime license but I havent run it by Ashley yet.:embarassed:
    Does anyone know if they are still valid if you move out of state? Also, are you allowed 3 poles with a lifetime? I couldnt find the answers on the KDWP site.

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That's the best reason to buy one. Even if you move out of state, you'll pay resident rates for the extra tags and stamps. The third pole permit will still cost you the extra $5 or so.

Kickin' myself in the butt for not buying a lifetime hunting license before I moved out of Kansas.

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    When I First Needed A Fishing Permit They Were 250.00 Dollars Or So. Now They Are Like 450.00 Give Or Take. Man I Wish I Would Of Bought Mine Then.

From What I Heard What I Talked To The Kdwp About It A Year Ago Or So They Said You Still Needed A City/Park Permit And The Third Pole Permit Still A Good Deal If You Plan On Staying Awile Imo.

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    "Resident" means any person who has maintained the person's place of permanent abode in this state for a period of one year immediately preceding the
    person's application for a lifetime fishing, hunting, furharvester or combination hunting and fishing license.
    Domiciliary intent is required to establish that a person is maintaining the person's place of permanent abode in this state. You must intend to remain a resident of Kansas at the time you submit the
    application for a lifetime license to have domiciliary intent.
    Mere ownership of property is not sufficient to establish domiciliary intent. Evidence of
    domiciliary intent includes, without limitation, the location where the person votes, pays personal income taxes or obtains a driver's license. "The "date of
    application" is that date the complete and proper application is received by the department at the Pratt Operations Office".

This is the rule. Interpret it as you may. You must purchase a new three pole permit every year though.

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Kyle, the way hunting/fishing licenses are going up, you probably save money if you do get one.
    As for the Lifetime being good if you leave the state, I doubt it, you have to be a resident to buy one, I'm sure they'll say you have to be a resident to use one. I'm pretty sure the 3pole would be good with one though.

I have a "Lifetime license" since 2000, it was free:roll_eyes::eek:oooh::smile2:, course it won't last as long as yours would.:smile2:

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    May not be for long if KDWP has their way.

"The department is considering a modification of that senior exemption, so that the revenues for fisheries programs and management in Kansas can be shared among as many anglers as possible. Potential options include removing the senior exemption, and offering either a reduced-price annual fishing license or a reduced-price “lifetime” fishing license for citizens 65 and older. To help determine public sentiment about this proposal, KDWP invites interested persons to post comments at the KDWP blog."

11. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Lets get to postin on their blog. I think that its a good idea to let "senior citizens" fish for free. They more than deserve it.
    Thats sad that they would even consider that.

12. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Same way I feel, they more then deserve it. But if you go to the blogs you will be highly disappointed in everyone else's opinion. It is an overwhelming majority on the blog that favors charging the seniors.

13. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    What are they charging for out of state this year?

14. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thanks for all the info in your previous posts Jay. If they should start charging for "Old Folks" license:sad2:, I reckon I'll to put in for one of those "disabled Vets" license, really don't want to though.:embarassed:

15. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If you qualify for the free disabled Vets license, then by all means put in for it Jim. You have definitely earned that. No shame in it at all. Anyone gives ya crap give me call, I will set them strait.

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thanks Jay. I see what you mean about that blog. There are comments to the effect, charge the old folks, who've been paying for the "privilege" to fish for the past 50 years, but let a kid who walks around with a cell phone growing out of his ear, and plays with $200+ video games fish for free:crazy:.
    Not that those type would fish anyway, but it's the principle.
    There are a few wanting to keep it though, like Kyle said, if you want it, you have to support it.

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Removing the Sr exemption is about as dumb as taxing social security. It looks like this call for comments came in August 2007, so hopefully it's a dead issue now.

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Missouri life time is good no matter where you move to. Can always come back to fish or hunt.

19. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i dont see how a lifetime licence wouldnt be good if you move out of state. its already paid for. i dont see how they could take it back or actually void it out.

20. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    J.J., have you forgotten we're talking about Kansas WL&P'S and legislators?:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:
    They don't do what we voted them in to do, they do what THEY think is best for you, or best suits THEIR agenda.:angry: