new License rules.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Dec 27, 2009.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yes.... bout time

Finally.... We do not have to display our fishing licenses ... coming soon in January..... That is a blessing.... what a waste to have fishermen display their licenses..... You dont have to display a drivers license..

I'm glad that the fish and game commission got their head out of their butts and recinded this law....

Who likes to have things around their necks?

2. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    For some reason I cant find this info on the dfg website. I was told this the other day and cant verify it myself. Do you have a link?

3. gilmafam

State:
    California
    I got the information out of the WON (western outdoor news)... I have read this before, and now won says so....

"The California Fish and Game Commission met at the Raddisson holel in Los Angles on Dec. 9th. The met to discuss pressing issues for sportsmen. The meeting was open the public. They discussed budget and regulations, but two items seemed to highlight the meeting.......That of the unveiling of the new "Wardens Stamp" and the adoption of the "No Wear Fishing Initiative"

The Wardens Stamp is voluntary ($5) and will fund special equipment for the wardens, help in their advanced training, and provide some family benefits that the state no longer can afford.

The "no wear" initative was also approved Thursday.....and will be implemented sometime after the first of the year."

4. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    ok cool. Yea what I heard was march for the no wear thing but that could of been wrong. I am happy no more delta stamp the wearing of the license dont bother me none at all. Thanks for the info. now if they would release thier 2010 regs book and put it on the site I would be happy.

5. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    about time now i can put it up and stop put it on my hat or were it around my neck didn't care for that

6. gilmafam

State:
    California
    JEFF... It would be nice to get one of the new year.... but the current one goes from Mar 09-to the end of Feb 2010 or (1-Mar).....guess we will have to wait.

Happy New Year

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Interesting. Good to know though. Thanks for post. I hated wearing them as well and mainly kept it in pocket.

8. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Not sure if I totally agree with the no show ruling, going to give the low life that doesn't buy a lic a easier way of getting by without one. The idea is/was to give the warden a easy way of checking a person to see if he had a lic from far away without going up to each angler (even though it may not be his/her's). With 100's of angler's in some areas to be checked like up in the Sierras it keeps the warden from having to hike down a hill , cross a stream or drive a boat a 1/4 mile up to your boat (and disturb your fishing) to check.

Never been a big deal to me of having it hanging around my neck or were ever, lot better then carrying a wallet fishing anyways . Maybe there should be areas that requires them to be shown and some not:confused2:, I know I don't were mine at the river:big_smile: most of the time, but then again the guy from AZ doesn't ether, not sure I like the Idea of being fined 100's of dollars for not showing even though If I have one, nothing wrong with a 10 or 20 dollar ticket but the dfg gets big money on minor infractions.

Just my thoughts:wink:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    They may have decided to do away with this due to the lack of personnel to cover areas and actually search people. It has been a long while since I seen any DFG staff fishing at inland fresh water areas be it the River area or San Diego. Likely what it would do is require for the dfg personnel there is now to check people more randomly when they arrive at areas and to compare licenses with DFG permits as some people sometimes have fake permits around their neck or even a permit belonging to someone else which is hard to detect from far away. I don't know. LOL California always has something stirred up doesn't it? :big_smile: A back lash from this could be being asked more often to see your license so I guess we should be careful of what we ask for. :big_smile:

10. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    Last couple of times I was out I had dfg pull up to me in a boat and check license boat registration tackle everything. I didnt mind for the most part just he took to much time to do what he did and I wanted to fish lol. Sad thing is as stated there is not enough wardens out there. I have seen people tossing cast nets and pulling in all kinds of fish and keeping them all. These people have ruined a couple of spots yet they dont get caught by the time the sheriffs show they are gone too.

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    You need to think about the size of Cali and how many DFG officer's it would take to patrol the entire state ? I mean damn yosmite park is 1200 sq mile's how about henry coe state park ? Just between them 2 youd need a heck of alot of DFG working to keep up on thing's ,What about the whole tahoe area?

12. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    It's funny in a way but when i drive my other car looks like a undercover and when people is fishing they are looking at me cause i have my firearm on and u can always tell the one one's don't have a license they leave quit lol so sometimes i get a good spot but u can best believe they will still check to see if u have them.

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    You would figure with the cost of a fishing license, they would have a apropriate amount DFG wardends. It seems every time I go to Mendota Sleugh we get checked by DFG. I always carried my license in my wallet and was never told anything by DFG.

Jaime

14. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    Yea but the park is not fished in all of that area either. They could have more rangers if they budgeted right and remove the pork from the gov. Pretty simple if you ask me to fix the issues. But hey thats another thread lol. Me I am glad we dont have to buy that stamp as for the license carry open or not dont matter persay to me. If they are going to check you out they will no matter what. I just wish they would check more people out. I have seen dfg go down the river and check every anchored boat but not even look at the bank fisherman. If they checked just that one area a couple of times I am sure the ilegal activitys will either slow way down or go to another area.

15. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I think its good to not have to show a license, I keep one in a holder but it can fall out, also just because he sees I have a license it don't show an ocean stamp, river stamp, or extra pole stamp, etc. I was checked 2 times last week, once for 2nd pole, and once at the beach asking my address. I wanted to tell him I had it written down on my license so I could ask a stranger how to get home. The warden claimed one of the guys fishing there must have had a twin brother, he couldv'e also checked another form of ID instead of making that comment or verifying an address.

I figure they need to have more personal contact so folks don't see em as lookin for trouble and see them as people too. 2010 license are available in this area, kinda expensive I think compared to my non-res license for MN. If I can get steady employment there, I will get residency there again.

16. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I've never had a problem with wearing my Lic. where it could be seen. It may be a slight inconvenience but compared to what it does in discouraging those that think they can get away with not following the rules it's really minor.
    Remember that same scofflaw that thinks license requirements don't apply to him will be the same one that disregards size and take limits as well as tackle restrictions.
    These people are ruining the fishing in Ca. and anything that helps the overextended F&G shut them down I, for one, am all for.
    As far as the moneys paid for licenses and stamps and other fees not being able to pay for more enforcement, you can just thank the environmentalist left wingers for that. Their continuous legal challenges to every program the F&G is running saps the funds we provide.

17. I don't mind displaying the lisence and actually am proud to do it. And if it helps to keep the game wardens off my port side as they drive by, so be it. I go out on the water to get away from people to begin with. I think it is much more efficient for a patrolling officer to nab the illegal fisherpeople than wasting time checking everybody all the time.

18. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    I don't have a problem wearing mines me and my wife always have our around our necks that way they just look are from a distance too but i see people always getting tickets, just like in nov people fishing all got tickets about 6 people then they trying to get mad and start fights, but u should know not to be trying to be fishing without one.

19. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    Heck I think that can be said for any state to be honest. I wish these people would stop taking advantage.

20. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    Hey bro u know i know if u get the right people it would happen but everyone want to get payed or don't care