New law on spoonbills in Kentucky

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by on_the_fly, Feb 22, 2007.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    now we cant cull, you get two and gone no through backs, two was the new limit added last year. but no culling is new for this year. witch is no big deal for me for I keep what I get anyways for their not around long enough and they avarage around 20 lbs anyways. so I try to go every day when the time is right. two a day adds up in the freezer.

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Here in IL. we can not cull either.

3. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have done it, i mean ive seen somone do it cause it was so tiny, but it swam right off.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    That sounds like a good rule also here in Ar the limit is 2 spoonbils and one half the daily limit on any other species when you limit out on a species you are though for the day

5. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Leroy,
    Thanks for thaking time to share this information with us. I think it is a good ideal and should help make sure your grand kids have some to snag later on.
    Thanks , Olddriller

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    but the big thing is possesion , how many are you allowed to keep in your freezer at any given time . and these laws wont stop the taking elegally theres just not enough rangers to inforce this law , but i hope it keeps most people honest .