new johnsonville steam plant reports - Any tips for catfishing here?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by skipjack1984, Apr 7, 2009.

1. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i have never fished there before. i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on fishing there. does it have a warm water discharge? any tips would be greatly appreciated? thanks guys and good fishin to all of you

2. sleazyj187

sleazyj187 New Member

State:
    montana
    the water running out of all these plants are usually warmer, the fish are usually attracted to this and the swells, good luck out there and hope you catch'em

3. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I live in the area and they do catch a lot of fish in the discharge boils. Personally I think the water is just to warm and at times I have seen fights because of people fishing on top of each other. I think it is much better to go out in the river where the discharge enters the river channel. there is a red bouy just out of the harbor. Try fishing the drop offs (6' to 40' ) along the red side back to the bridge. then the first two green back north of the bridge. Just south of the bridge are where the power lines cross the river .fish the green side there. You can also fish the discharge boils at Dupont. about three miles north of Dupont is the old river bridge piers either side and the middle ,real deep and the old bridge is down there. That will get you started and you can go on down (north) to any of the old river bank drop offs. give em hell the fish are there just keep trying