New job

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Feb 26, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i started a new job today at the local power plant they are expanding , actually going to double there power plant size . i live 6 miles from work il be working for BECON construction as a laborer the job is supposed to last till 2010 im loving it :lol: 6 miles wow

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Super, Charles! Sounds like a fantastic opportunity and plenty of security :lol: Good goin!!

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is truly something to be thankful for to have a job that is only 6 miles away. With the price of fuel thats just fantastic!:big_smile:

4. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Charles
    Congratulations and lots of luck with the new job. I am retired now but the last time I changed jobs, I found the job of my dreams, was so happy everyday was a pleasure. I hope you find the same thing at this your new work. Keep a good positive attitude and remember everything has some ups and downs. Luck

5. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It will cut into your fishing time but you will be able to buy more toys! Congratulations

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    CONGRATS on the new job Charles that fantastic being that close to home less fuel and less time to get home to go fishin

7. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Congrats, Chuck. That's great news! I'm happy for you, brother.

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    il be working 5 9hr days for a while then switch up to 4 10 hr days plus overtime every week , i think il be alright as far as fishing goes if i have too il have vern pick me up on shore out back of the plant witch is right on the river :lol:

9. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Congrats Charles on the new job.

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats Charles,
    Glad to hear your good news.:big_smile:
    Barry

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah my wife mabel is glad too i been outa work since december i cant say it wasnt nice sleeping in doing house work and fishing when ever i wanted but itll be even nicer to have more money in my pocket and not have to worry bout the bills being paid hey i might even be able to fix up the boat a little or get more fishing equipment like i need any :lol: but i would like to get that leaky boat fixed . only time will tell on what i get done .

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It'll be 7-10's or 7-12's before its over. It always does.:eek:oooh:

13. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Charles it sounds like things are going your way, good things come to those who wait.

14. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congrats on the new job!

15. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats great news Chuck, I hope the new job works out for you, and you still have time to fish!!:cool2:

16. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Charles thats some real Good News!!!! Now I know You will be to Tired to do any Fishing and You woulden't want that nice gear just setting around getting Rusty,Right? So can I have it? LOL. your friend J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah jd if mark j is correct maybe you should come get the boat and all :lol: like im going to let anything enterfere with my fishing habits yall know better than that , il fish all night and work all day :lol:

18. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Good luck buddy. Would that be the Trimble Co. Plant ? There's a great lil greasy spoon there in the middle of Bedford. Near the court house, can't miss it. Pretty good chili.
    :smile2:

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    hey tou'll finally be able to remove the (house husband) from your avatar! Congrats on the new opportunity. A fat wallet is always a plus. Good luck, and hang with it!

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Congrads on the new job . You've earned it what having to do all the house work and honey do's for so long.Just hang in there buddy.