new job

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Sep 17, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well in the current economy stucco here has came to a crawl. with two kids wife and me i just dont want to move to work so im job hunting. With 15 years in construction i have applied at a new R.P. lumber store opening in lincoln for a high end job.

also have to brag. attempted for a class B CDL to drive lumber trucks ect.. and nailed it on my first try. missed 1 Q was all.:cool2: applied for a few driving jobs. wish me luck.

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    People who want to work will always have work! it wont be too long brotha

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck brother.

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Hope ya get it, construction is pretty slow most places. Ya did pretty good on the test for your CDL, thats somethin. Good luck to ya.

5. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    good luck Construction in my part of pa is at a standstill Im not gonna be waiting for a call back much longer

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats ,Jeremy for stepping up to the plate.:big_smile::cool2:Class B ain't nothin. Most that drive a pickup could easily get one,But there will be a day of reckoning driving a class b truck. You'll know when it comes along. Trust me.:roll_eyes::crazy:Glad you have found another line of work. I wish our economy was enough that I could,But then again,OLD <BAD BACK<HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,Who'd hire that old fart.:crazy::wink::smile2::smile2:

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Best of luck to ya Jerm! Hope you land something you can enjoy earning a living at soon.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wishing you the best of luck Jeremy.

9. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I think us old farts are becoming more in demand as alot of the young squirts(NOT ALL) dont carry the water..LOL

10. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Good Luck on the job hunt! Things always seem to work out!

11. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guess that's one positive thing about my job in law enforcement, I have decent job security. My city has complained about being broke the four years I have worked there but no one has been laid off yet. I now have eight under me and they could not afford to fire very many officers due to the amount of calls we take. I work evening shift and sometimes it seems like we don't have enough guys as it is. But it makes the evening go by faster. I have a family and bills to pay and am glad (knock on wood) that finding another job has not been a concern. It's good that some people still want to work and just haven't gave up completely.

12. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Priceless
    :big_smile_2::big_smile_2::big_smile_2:

13. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I'm confident you will get it. If not , then something better is in the works.
    Good Luck in your endeavours!!

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    the best of luck to you Jerm.
    smokey

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya rich gonna take the class a test this week. my uncle drive a semi and i believe he'll let me use it for the driving test.

thanks all. applied for hvac techniction openings yesterday. everyones got to have heat and ac lol. there supposed to call interviews starting mon. im pretty talented when it comes to learning things. be a good trade to learn.

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Best of luck to youand the family!

17. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    People who want to work will have no trouble finding jobs....out here about once every month or so, I have some company wanting me to change jobs....

Over the years, I have worked at a little bit of everything, from construction, mechanic, cook, bowling alley attendant, warehouse, if you are willing to work there is a job there. Might not be what you really like doing but it will pay the bills until the right thing comes along....

Good luck....