New Job

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by goingfishin, Jun 25, 2009.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I just lost my job and was hoping that someone would have any idea on what I could do now. I am half way through school but not quite there yet. Any ideas would help!!

2. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Have been out of work for months myself.

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    If I was young and single, I'd find out how to be the boat driver, or an apprentice on the "River Monsters" TV show. :wink::smile2:

4. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Thought about being a pro catfisherman but dont think that will pay the bills. lol

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sorry about that CJ. I thought your job was secure. What happened?

6. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that CJ my son just got layed off he works for the UP railroad guess there is no such thing as a secure job now days.

7. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Damn man, I been out for 3 months too. Times are tough right now.:sad2:

8. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Always seems to be a bunch of the brothers that are without work at
    any given time. Wish that they would bail out other people besides
    investment bankers and CEOs of failing companies...

9. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    sorry to hear the bad news Cj, dont feel too bad theres a lot of us in ur shoes been out of work since dec :sad2:

10. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    sorry to hear that man, why dont you try to get a job here, some of these civilians on post make alot of money. the army pays them better then the soldiers

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Michael I feel this needed to be posted again. I totally agree with you on this. It seems the goverment now days can't look, in a postive way, at the common hard worker that is hurting.

12. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that. I'd definitely say keep going to school b/c the degree will help you immeasurably. As for things you could do, one thing I've been thinking about that is really lacking around the state of Kansas is an outboard motor repairman. You could always get a job at Cabela's or Bass Pro, may not pay the best, but you'll save money on fishing stuff! I've also heard that Iatan is maybe hiring, so that may be worth checking out...not really too sure about your work experience. Anyways, best of luck and try to keep your line wet and chin up!

---Justin

13. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    Sorry to hear that CJ, I've been laid off since May. I understand how ya feel. There's not a lot out there right now. Might check craigslist. It seems to have a lot of jobs listed.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ups has tuition assastance and seems to always be hireing:wink: they hired a bunch last week cuse the heat:roll_eyes:

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I have always been told that if ya take the first thing that comes up that fits your schedule that you will no doubt find new folks with new connections and find a better job. Now granted it might not be much more than Unemployment pays but it gets U out there and around folks that know where the openings are. I even years and years back took a graveyard shift stop and go type job and I met a girl that worked at the auto zone distribution warhouse then i got on there. Boy was i ever glad to get out of that store

16. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks
    If anyone close to Olathe is looking for a job, I'm hiring sales reps for my company. PM me with your # and I'll give you a call.

Please visit my web-site: www.exteriordesignkc.com

17. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks

TTT (TO The Top)

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    You talkin about sittin in a call center on the phone, houndin people to get new eaves and overhangs? Ive done that before, and that wasnt any fun. Not tryin to knock your business, but Id rather be on the crew that was installin the stuff. :cool2:

19. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks

Not at all KC Jayhawk. I'm talking about me the owner training new folks how to sell new jobs without becomming a used car salesman.

20. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah, but it all starts at a call center drummin up leads. Like I said, Ive done it before.